Chapter 3: Focus in class II.

Joni's P.O.V.

My last class of the day, finally. Also the class I have with James. Why was I so happy about that? I really tried to focus on what the teacher was saying but most of the time my mind would wander off to different things and yes, James is one of those things. "Miss Diamond?" My teacher suddenly says.

"Huh." Is all I manage to get out.

"Not paying attention again, miss Diamond." She sighs. "Mr. Maslow." James fixes his glasses.

"The answer should have been 1985."

"Correct." She says and gives the guy next to James a pile of paper. "Hand these out, please." She says to him then turns back to the class. "On the paper you will get is an assignment, which is due next Tuesday. You can work on this alone or in pairs." The bell rings as she finishes her sentence. I pack my stuff and walk over to James.

"Hey James." I smile.

"Wow this must be my lucky day, miss Joni Diamond has talked to me twice today."

"Well if you're gonna mock me than fine, I won't talk to you anymore." I start walking away but James grabs my arm.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean it like that. What did you want to talk to me about?"

"Nevermind, you're probably gonna say no anyway."

"You want to work on the assignment together?" Wow, he really is smart. I nod. "When? Where?" I smile. This is a great way to get my grades up and get to know James. It's a win-win, well at least for me.

"Now, my place?"

"Sounds good. Let's go."

"Wait don't you have to let your parents know?"

"I'll just text my mom." We were almost at my car.

"How do you usually come to school?"

"I ride the bus. Or walk."

"Okay, get in." I mentioned to my car.

"That's your car?" James asks, his mouth wide open.

"Yup." The ride was sort of awkward. I hope it's not going to be like this all the time.