Chapter 26: I wish I could go back.

Still James' P.O.V.

So I ran out the door. I looked around and saw her sitting on the ground. "Hey." I said quietly. She looked up at me.

"Hey." Her voice was rough from the crying. I sat down next to her. It was silent for a moment.

"I'm sorry for overreacting about the whole Logan thing." I finally said to break the silence. She shook her head.

"You had every right."

"No I didn't. We aren't even dating. I'm also sorry for being such a jerk to you."

"Well I haven't been very nice to you either. I mean a few months ago I didn't even know you were in my history class."

"I wish I could go back to that." I blurred out. I could see her look at me from the corner of my eye.

"You want to go back to the time I didn't acknowledged you?" I hear the hurt in her voice. I'm such a dumb-ass. I turn my body toward her.

"No, no, no, that came out wrong." I closed my eyes for a second and sighed. "Can't we just start all over again?" I take her glasses and put them on. She giggles adorably. "We're in history together. I'm James." I extend my hand, she shift her body to me and shakes my hand.

"Joni."

"I knew that."

"You know, for a nerd you're pretty cute."

"That's not what you said." I gave her confused but flattered look. Forgetting the fact she called me a nerd. Oh well I kind of am.

"No, but it was what I was thinking." She smiled her beautiful smile and blushed a little. I fix 'my' glasses, lean my back against the wall and face forward. Not really knowing what to say or do next. I feel her put her finger underneath my chin and she makes me face her again. "Please." She whispers ever so softly. I smile and we both lean in. Finally our lips meet. This kiss was full of love.

"I really do like you, Joni." She smiles shyly. I took her hand in mine. "Which is why I want to ask you...will you be my girlfriend?"

"Yes." I smile and lean in for another kiss but she stops me. "On one condition." I gave her a confused look. "Please wear your glasses again." She begged. I chuckled.

"Deal." I said and finally made our lips touch again. I pull her onto my lap. She puts her arms around my neck, deepening the kiss. We both smile when we pull away. I bury my face in her neck. "Are you still stuck?"

"That song was about you, you know."

"Really?"

"Yes, really. Now give me back my glasses, I'm getting a headache." She takes her glasses back and puts them on. With or without glasses, she is still so beautiful and I'm so happy I can call her mine.

"I'm so glad you never gave up."

"So am I." She smiled and leaned in for yet another kiss. I heard someone clear their troath and we pulled away. I looked up and saw Michele smiling down on us. Kendall was standing behind her with his arms around her waist.

"The bell is gonna ring soon so we gotta get to class." She said. She helped Joni get up and I got up myself. Immediately intertwining Joni's hand with mine. "I'm glad you guys are finally together."

"Me too." Joni and I said at the same time, then laughed. She turned her body toward me.

"We gotta get to class." I nodded. She cupped my cheek and kissed me once more. "I'll see you in history."

"I miss you already." She looked at me in awe. I knew she didn't want to go either but we had to. I pecked her lips one last time and we both went our separate ways. I looked back and saw her turn around. She waved, blew me a kiss and turned back around with a wide smile on her face. It feels so good to be in love.