Family

Lisa P.O.V
I opened my eyes to the sun beaming in through the windows and I slowly sat up and looked to see that my two other sisters, Dani and Lauren are still sleeping. I quietly get up and slip into my boots and walk into our tiny living room. I know the others are sleeping and I decided to do my daily routine which not even they know about, hunt.
I walk outside to feel the cool morning breeze brush against my face as I quietly sneaked through our town and went to the outskirts of it and snuck through the fence. If you get caught sneaking about you would be killed but luckily I haven't and I don't care of the consequences because I need to get my sisters food.
Basically it's just the six of us, our parents died when I was15 and it was rough on all of us. Christina and Kath had to get jobs while Amy took care of Lauren and Dani while I got us food. They don't know how I get it but my excuse is me doing some sort of deed and get food in return. I feel bad because Dani and Lauren didn't even get a childhood really because they had to mature and just go to school. Dani is 14, Lauren 15, Amy 16, Kath 21, Christina 23 and I'm 17.
I found my spot by a tree where there is a hole in it and I pulled out my bow and my dagger. My dad showed me it when I was 13 because I caught him one day stringing it and I made him teach me and I'm glad he did.
I put my dagger in my pocket and had my bow at the ready as I waited for my prey. After about half an hour I found a pretty decent size bunny go by and I pulled back my bow and put it in my crosshairs.
"Cmon... Cmon" I muttered and then shot the bow and it went straight through the bunnies heart. I walked up to it and picked it up and brought it over to a rock and I saw down. I pulled out my dagger and started skinning it.
After about 5 minutes I finished and I walked back to my spot and his my bow and dagger and slipped back through the fence and snuck back home. When I walked inside I saw the others were still asleep and I sighed in relief, good they didn't know I went out then.
I brought the bunny over to the stove and started cooking it. While I was doing that I heard some footsteps and I looked up to see Christina.
"Morning Lise" she said and I gave her a smal wave and continued to cook. After about cooking it for 25 minutes it was finally done and I started cutting it up and placed it in 6 plates.
"Christina go wake them up" I tell her and she nodded and went into their rooms. A few minutes later they all came stumbling in and sat down as I gave them all a plate.
"Thanks Lisa!" They all shouted happily and I smiled. Though the happiness won't last long because tomorrow is the reaping for The Games. It's where all 12 districts send a boy and a girl to fight to the death and it's horrifying. Last years winner was district 3, and were district 12... the poor district so usually we don't even have a chance. I hope Amy, Lauren, and Dani don't get picked as well as me but I don't care if I get picked as log as they don't.
Lauren P.O.V
Well Lisa somehow got us a bunny to eat which was really good but I don't understand how she gets it, getting food around here is very difficult especially since we're pretty poor. Christina works on a farm and Kath is a school teacher but they barley make enough for the six of us, but in the end we still get a breakfast and a dinner thanks to Lisa.
Ever since the death of our parents it's been hard on us, Lisa especially took our dads death to the heart because they were so close. If only their shop didn't go on fire they would still be here.
Me and Dani didn't have school today which was great but it was because of the reaping tomorrow, they want al families to be together so basically all the jobs are on hold till after tomorrow. I'm really scared for it because last year I lost my friend Angela to it and it was awful. We weren't the closest of friends but it still hit me pretty hard. I don't understand why the peacemakers make us do this, it's just one big sick joke.
I just hope that one us won't get picked especially Dani, she's too young and would die within minutes as I would probably be the same. None of us would survive honestly, we don't have any skills to fend for ourselves so it's basically your early death sentence.
I got up from the table and walked outside and sat on our steps. I can't believe the reaping is tomorrow, I'm just so scared like what if one of us gets picked. Out of us all Lisa has the highest chance which scares me because she's the oldest of us and has been in the decisions for years. I hear footsteps coming outside and I see Lisa sitting next to me.
"Scared huh?" She asked and I nodded and she sighed.
"Nothing will happen to you Lauren I promise okay?" She tells me and I nod. She wrapped her arm around me and we stayed there for ages. God I love Lisa, she has so much strength that I wish I could have. We finally pull apart and I got up and went into the room I shared with Dani and Lisa and sat down at our single desk. I pulled out some paper and began drawing, this always calmed me down.
"Lauren it's time for bed" I hear Dani say and I just realized I was drawing this picture for the whole day, wow. It was of a bird with a quote I made up on it:
You gave me wings and taught me to fly
Satisfied with it I got up and crawled into my bed and soon darkness engulfed me and I fell asleep thinking about tomorrow.

A/N: HERE IT IS! My new story guys, I hope you liked it so far! I'm really excited for this one and it's a hunger games but Cimorelli style which means it's pretty dope if you ask me 👌🏻 lemme know what y'all thought of it in the comments, I love hearing what y'all gotta say!
See y'all l8er!
~Nikki