SP Part 3

Richard's POV

After the police got the shooter out of the building. People went in to get the body's and the survivors. I looked around for Ayy'verynn. I saw Dr. Avery on a stretcher going into an ambulance.

"Avery where is Ayy'verynn." I asked

"She's still in the hospital. She's preparimg a pregnant patient for transport." He said.

I rushed back into the hospital and i seen her. She was talking to the patient who was being transported.

"Dr. Alexander may I have a word with you?" I asked.

"Yes chief what is it?" She asked.

"Can you explain to me what in the hell was going through your head when you tackled a man with a gun." I said.

She just looked down.

"Ayy'verynn Nikkhole Alexander, have you lost your mind. You tackled a gunman." I heard from behind me.

"Derek I am fine. No need to go all big step-brothery on me." She said.

"That police training is going to your head."Derek said walking away.

Jackson's POV

I got transported to Seattle Prespiterian. They brought me into the room and started digging in my shoulder for the bullet. All i could think about was what Ayy'verynn did. I knew she had done police training before deciding to become a surgeon but I would never have pegged her as the type to tackle a gunman. Derek is probably chewing her ass out right now. He is pretty much the only family she has. Her mom died for a car crash and then her dad married Dereks mom when she was 13. Then he died of cancer 2 years ago. I met her the first day of my intern year. She was a 2nd year resident at Mercy West. I remember pretending to be interested in NeoNatal surgery just to see her. After the merger I asked her to be my girlfriend. 4 years later here we are engaged to be married in 5 months. Most people dont believe in love at first sight and believe me I was one of them. When I saw Ayy'verynn everything changed. It took 2 months to get her to at least have dinner with me. She is a very stubborn and head strong woman but I love her. I can't wait until she becomes Dr. Mrs. Ayy'verynn Alexander-Avery. In December.