Chapter 14

"Do you have any idea where he could have gone?" Mark asked over the phone, the worried tone in his voice just making Zayn cringe. He was tired of this, tired of hunting for Niall everywhere he could possibly think of and he could see people around him just giving up on the search. Harry was the first one who backed out, saying Niall didn't want to be found and that they should just give him space. But it had been six months now, six months since Zayn had last seen his boyfriend. He must have a big pregnant belly now, Zayn thought, or at least a prominent bump. In his dreams he could picture the two of them walking on the beach, with Zayn smiling and telling the blonde how much he loved him and softly kissing his belly, rubbing his hands over the protruded stomach and smiling when the baby kicked at his dad's voice. But those were dreams and this was the reality. 

A reality where Zayn had large bags under his eyes, his fans blowing up his twitter asking when he could make a comeback or whether Mind Of Mine Tour was even going to happen or not. People were not just giving up on searching for Niall but they were also giving up on Zayn. He was just a shell of a man now without the perky blonde to annoy him. 

"We've searched everywhere Mark. Maura doesn't know where he is, Bobby even suggested calling the cops. Greg and Niall don't have the best relationship. He could've only gone to Ireland or Australia to meet his mates but he's not there. He doesn't want to be found,' Zayn mumbled into the phone, lying back on his bed as he switched his laptop on. This had been going on for months now and even Zayn was giving up on everything. He knew things would never go back to what they were and now, with a huge warning from the management looming over his head, he knew he had to go back to the life of fame he had picked. 

"We'll search for him boy. Don't give up like that,' Mark stated grumbling a bit about the training starting early today and then hung up, leaving Zayn with his blank phone screen and the twitter website opening. He quickly went to the new tweet option, knowing fully well that this was just the first step to having the life which he could've had if Niall wasn't in the picture. 

But he didn't feel up to it. It just hurt him to know that there won't be an excited blonde waiting back at the hotel for him or just laughing as he strummed the strings of his guitar. Out of the two of them, Niall had always been the most excited about everything Zayn did. He was there during the interviews, smiling widely and saying the pre-planned answers along with Zayn. He was there during the photo-shoots, hiding behind the cameras and copying all of Zayn's poses, mocking him. He was also there during the recordings, always making sure that he got his guitar with him to help Zayn with the song writing aspect of things. Niall used to be his sunshine, his motivation and with him gone from the picture, Zayn felt empty, alone. 

He quickly shrugged the thoughts of when the slight tings from the twitter notifications reached his ears. Brushing past his mentions, he checked his DM's and replied to a few fans who were asking whether he was alright or not. Some were asking him personal questions, like who he was dating and whether he had his eyes on some special girl. He really didn't get people sometimes: are they in this for the music or are they here on his twitter page to know about his personal life? 

Typing up a new tweet, he quickly wrote down the words his manager John had told him in the morning, saying that this needed to be done if Zayn wanted to stay in the industry and keep his spot untouched. 

Mind Of Mine Tour starts from January, 2017. Be prepared for the dates and set list :P x

He tried his hardest to come off as cheerful and bubbly, as if everything going on in One Direction was none of his business. He was, no longer a part of the group, after all. His mentions started blowing up in a single second, questions about whether certain songs will be included or not crawling up along with people asking whether he will be going to their country. Zayn didn't know what to answer to these people, who seemed genuinely excited and interested about his tour, because he himself didn't know which countries he'll be attending and what tracks will be included. That was not his decision to make. 

Closing the tab, he decided to search for Niall. Wondering whether somebody had seen the boy or not. He was pretty popular but recently, with the amount of drama circulating around Louis and Danielle's relationship, Niall was just nobody's concern. People thought he was resting and having a lazy day in his house, or filing for divorce against Louis which just struck up another one of Zayn's worries. Why was Louis taking everything so casually? The brunette had not contacted anyone, he had made sure to change his number and just give it out to all necessary contacts, he was spending too much time out partying and smoking his worries away. 

Zayn decided to text Liam, the only one whom Louis was even interacting with. Hopefully they would have a slight idea of where Niall was. 

Heard anything from Niall? - Z

He waited for the reply to come, getting up from his bed to fix himself some coffee while he got a new pack of cigarettes out from the bottom drawer. He checked his phone twice, mumbling a soft song to himself as he waited for his best mate to reply. 

Not yet. - L

Does Louis know anything? - Z

Louis and Niall are divorced now. That's all he told me. - L 

Zayn frowned, wondering when that happened. As far as he knew, Niall and Louis hadn't even contacted each other for days, at least not under Zayn's watch. He went back to the messaging app, before typing down a reply. 

Since when? - Z

Apparently, it's been six months to their divorce. - L 

Why didn't you tell me ? - Z 

I was with Cheryl. I forgot. Sorry. - L 

You're an ass. - Z 

Stfu. I'm telling you now, aren't I? - L 

Zayn laughed, sipping on his coffee as he placed his phone back in his jeans pocket. A part of him felt relieved that at least now Louis and Niall were nothing more than band mates, that is, if Niall was coming back to the band anymore. Another part of him was angry. Why did he not know of this sooner? Why did Niall not tell him about this? 

He grunted to himself, trying to push the blonde out of his thoughts but then again, that was never possible. Zayn couldn't ever shove Niall out of his thoughts. 

'Where the fuck are you Niall?' He mumbled to himself, placing the empty coffee cup on the side before shutting his eyes close, going back to the dream land where at least him and Niall were together with their little baby girl. He always wanted a baby girl. Somebody as beautiful and generous as Niall. With his blue eyes and his smile. He just wanted Niall back, with their baby, was that too much to ask for? 

AN/ I know this chapter was boring af but I swear things get better in the next one. This story is ending sooner than I thought but oh well, it's a short story lol.

Is it just me or are the number of couples increasing everyday? Like everytime I turn around, there are people holding hands or just giggling or blushing at each other. People really disrespect single folks a lot. Like omg I do not want to see other people laughing and kissing each other when I don't have someone to do that with. -_- People are so rude these days, shoving their relationship in my face :(

I really need a girlfriend. Like I really want someone to hold me by the waist as I click a selfie to post on IG and then I'll be like 'HA! Now i'll shove my relationship in your face!' 

Am I the only one who feels like this? Yes? okay.....

Anyways, DO YOU THINK SOMETHING WILL HAPPEN DURING MOM TOUR? 

WHAT DO YOU THINK ABOUT PEOPLE GIVING UP ON FINDING NIALL?

WHERE EXACTLY IS NIALL? 

HOW IS HE HANDLING THE PREGNANCY ALONE? OR DOES HE HAVE ANOTHER BOYFRIEND? 

DO YOU THINK ZAYN WILL EVER FIND NIALL? 

NEXT UPDATE WHEN THIS CHAPTER GETS 60+ VOTES AND 30+ COMMENTS ! 

RANDOM QUESTION: HOW MANY OF YOU ARE SINGLE? AND HOW MANY OF YOU ARE WILLING TO DATE A GIRL (AKA ME )? :D 

MY ANSWER: I SWEAR I'LL BE THE MOST NON CLINGY, UNDEMANDING GF EVER! 

I'm single and lonely, sue me for sounding desperate lol