50 - La Vida

Chapter 50

Rogziel got up a few seconds later, the sword still in his chest. When he saw me crying, he quickly crawled towards me and embraced me.

"How come you're not dead?" I asked him the moment we pulled away from the hug and I watched him slowly remove the sword from his chest with his face grimacing.

When it was finally off him, he threw it across the room, landing with a loud sound. "I shouldn't have stabbed myself that deep, it hurt like a bitch."

I smiled faintly at his choice of words. "You didn't answer my question."

"Simple," He stated. "I aimed it where it would miss any artery or the heart, just plain flesh."

I smiled again. "Your brain could come in handy sometimes."

"I'm smart," He said while smiling. But his features quickly softened as he tucked a stray hair behind my ear. "I'm so sorry this has to happen to you."

"I know," I mumbled back as I hugged him. "I know."

When we both pulled away from the hug and when Rogziel's wounds had completely healed, we both stood up. I picked up the sword a couple of meters away from us and when I walked back I saw Rogziel looking at Kevin's cold frozen body.

"What did you do to him?" He asked wonderingly. "Why is he that frozen?"

"La Muerte," I mumbled. "The Stone of Death. I asked Freda from that museum if she could lend me that stone."

"So it can really kill?" He asked, still not looking at it. "And how come Freda entrusted you with that kind of stone?"

"She's an Angel Rogziel," I whispered, slightly smiling. "She's actually one of the Elders of the Nest, specifically the guardian of the stones."

Looking back, I can't help but smile upon having a hard time trying to explain to Freda why I would want to borrow the stone then she just suddenly told me that Angels should never lie and asked me why was I lying. Then I told her about my true self, and it kind of scared me on what she will do to me but she just smiled at me, hugged me and told me that I could keep the stone, not just borrow it, as long as I use it on the right person. I have no idea how she could entrust me with such destructive stone when I'm already destructive enough, then she said that my existence disturbed the balance among the three kingdoms, and it's only fitting that I kill the person who's blood ruined the balance. That means, I should kill Mom, or Dad. If I killed Mom, I would become a Daimon because killing Mom would mean I'm eliminating traces of her blood in my system, and that goes the same if I killed Dad, thus restoring the balance.

And it had to be Dad. Right from the start it had to be him.

Testing what Freda told me, I quickly held out my hand and tried to do shots, but was shocked when discs came out. I tred again and again but still, no more fireballs came out, and I can't help but cry and smile at the same time.

This is it. I'm finally an Angel.

"Will you please tell me why you're shooting the walls?" Rogziel asked and I turned to him, smiling.

"I'm finally a pure Angel Rogziel," I said as I held out my hand. "I can no longer shoot fireballs."

"What are you talking about?" He asked slowly, while he stared at me weirdly. "What do you mean you're finally a pure Angel?"

"Freda told me," I said. "That if I managed to kill either Mom or Dad with my own hands, the one who dies, his or her blood leaves my system, and I would become either a pure Angel or a Daimon."