26 - The Water Doppelganger

Chapter 26

When I opened my eyes, I saw a guy's naked broad back as he punched Martin on his face. Then as he was about to punch Martin again, this time on his stomach, Martin quickly got up and did a quick backflip, kicking the guy's gut in the process. The guy stumbled a few steps back before managing to stand back again.

When Martin landed, his right knee was on the ground while the other one straight out, like a fighting position. Before he looked up at the guy who still was a mystery to me, he looked at me first, and I might be a fool to say that I saw regret in his eyes. Before I can concentrate on it more to prove that I actually saw it though, he quickly looked away.

He then stood up as a smirk formed in his lips. My eyebrows met more at his reaction.

"Asmy, my friend," Martin said with hatred laced in his voice. "What brings you here?"

I swear I heard the guy in front of me growl. "Try again Ouriel."

"Oh I'm sorry Asmodeus," Martin said sarcastically. "I forgot that you hate to be called Asmy."

No way. Now freaking way. Just no. This guy can't be Asmodeus! He can't be the water doppelganger who took my first kiss! He can't be!

I was about to accept the fact that I was finally safe from Martin when this guy came to my rescue. Now that I knew what his name was, I now wanted to run for the hills while screaming. Clearly him stealing my first kiss by deceiving me into making me think that he was Rogziel is already an indication that he probably have the same intention with Martin, or maybe even worse.

Having a dangerous Daimon with me is a bad thing, but having 2 of them is a lot worse. No, what could be worst is the fact that I have 2 dangerous Daimons in front of me that definitely were not in good terms and I could get involved in their fight.

Despite the fact that I want to pounce on him and shout at him for stealing my first kiss, I remained quiet, taking advantage of the fact that the attention was finally not on me. Though I want to see a fight they would surely put up with, I would want more to get out of this place.

I let out a silent heavy breath through my mouth before raising my left foot. When I managed to place my foot on the left side of the tree, a cracking noise was heard, causing the two to look at me.

I cursed inwardly. Damn that stick! Why can't it be on another place? Why does it have to be exactly on the same spot my foot would land?

"Where do you think you're going?" I was about to shout out of frustration when the sight of Asmodeus' face stopped me. Again, why do people like him have to have the gorgeous faces?!

He has black hair and black eyes, and his face is perfectly chiseled from forehead to chin. Well maybe his whole body is, especially his six pack. He looked entirely different from that night when he kissed me. Of course, he was using Rogziel's face.

Now that I saw his face, it made me wonder on why does he have to copy other people's faces when he has the face every man would want to have and every girl would want.

"Well if it isn't obvious, I'm trying to take a step," I said while crossing my arms. What I said caused Martin to snort, but it caused Asmodeus to reach for his pocket and pull out something.

Before I can even ask him what it is, he quickly threw it on me. My initial reaction was to catch it. What if it was a bomb that a fall can trigger it? Or maybe something sharp that I can't dodge and catching it would be the only way to avoid wounding myself? 

When the thing reached my hands, I swear my eyes went wide when I saw it was a ball that quickly spread out when my hands touched it. When it spread, it became a rope that quickly went around my waist and around the tree. My hands were also tied and lied on either side of me.