33 - Found

Chapter 33

ROGZIEL BARMAN CARTER

I quickly headed to Sraosha's office. The door was ajar, which meant Anael is already inside. I pulled the door open, feeling adrenaline pumping through my veins. My heart skipped a beat when I didn't see Sophia, only Rachiel, who was busy with her phone.

"Where is she?" I asked, making Rachiel turn at me. Worry was evident in her scent, which meant something really bad.

"She's gone," She mumbled. "I don't know where she went, I told her to stay here and never open the door but she was no longer here when I came."

I felt complete worry all over me. Where could she be? "And why are you playing with that damn phone instead of searching for her?!"

"Bar!" She yelled, awaking me from my raging senses. "We need to stay calm and not yell at each other. You raging mad could only make things worse."

I sighed heavily and ran a hand through my hair. Apparently my twin knows how to set me straight, and she's right. I have to stay calm.

But if you were in my position, when the girl that finally gave meaning to your life is nowhere to be found and could possibly be in danger, would you remain calm?

If I didn't know how my twin could get when I won't calm down, I'd probably be tearing this building's walls just to search every room for her.

"Okay, I'm calm," I mumbled. "But what are you doing?"

"I can't mind link Sraosha," She answered, navigating her fingers on the screen of her phone. "Someone, probably a witch, casted a spell to block out our mind links. I have to let her know the situation so she could help us find Sophia."

"A witch?" I asked. "What could possibly be the freaking witches want from us that they have to block our communication?" I tried not to mumble out the curses that were dancing in my head dedicated to the witches.

But Anael knew better. "Do not speak ill of the witches," She then rested the phone on her ear. "I don't know but not only the witches know how to block our mind links, Sraosha found out that even Daimons do."

"Which makes it a lot worse!" I exclaimed and headed towards the door.

"Where are you going Bar?" Anael yelled out, but I was too damn worried for Sophia that I no longer care if she will have my head in her wall. Not this time.

Where the fuck are you Sophia?! I yelled in my mind but I know it was futile, knowing that the walls blocking the mind link was still as strong as the boundaries of the nest. Trying to break it would only hurt all of us, including those in the Nest. I can't risk it. I have to find Sophia myself.

As soon as I was out of the building, I sniffed and sorted out every scent. Being a 157 year-old Angel makes my senses sharp, but not as sharp as Sophia's. She's practically better than any of us, she still has no idea of it.

I scrunched up my nose as numerous strong perfumes filled up my nostrils. One thing I didn't like about the adolescents today are their use of strong perfumes. They practically stab through my olfactory nerves.

I inhaled and identified as many scents as I can---perfumes, garbage, coffee, pepper sprays, chemicals from the laboratory, everything. Name it and I already had it sorted. But not her scent. Not Sophia's sweet strawberry scent I've grown used to smelling. Not catching even a trace of it right now worried me. As exagerrated as it may sound, I don't think I can fully breathe without her scent anymore.

She's like my damn freaking oxygen.

I cursed. She's not in the Academy. Where is she? Surely she can't go that far with just that length of time. I looked around and noticed the woods around the school. Of course. The damn scent of the trees Raguel Falls had planted masked the scent of almost everything behind it.