Fire in the Skies

"War?" I said, turning to her in shock. "Aren't you the only Draconi Empire?" I snapped, watching the flames dance through the clouds like red lightening.

"Yes, but that does not mean we cannot have wars with other Equus species." She nickered. "Or worse, a war amongst ourselves." Her eyes closed for a moment and then she whipped around to turn and gallop back to where the dark stone castle lay in the distance on the top of the cliffs.

"Where are you going!" I whinnied and took off after her.

"I need to help with this, I am the Princess after all!" She whinnied back, running harder, her mane and tail almost glowing in the dark shadows cast by the fire clouds. I snorted and turned and galloped after her. She was stubborn nonetheless. The winds grew stronger as we approached the castle. Once we reached the bottom of the mountain, I looked up to see Drake roaring in fury, his claws scraping against the stone. Dragoness stood away from him, facing him, a large number of Draconi standing behind her, their scales gleaming in the light on the males and the females all had their tails raised and were rearing in anger. From the looks of the way Dragoness's eyes were blazing red and slanted and her fangs were bared, she had had more than enough of Drake. The Queen and King growled and roared at each other, the Draconi behind Dragoness roaring with her. Moon perked her ears in shock.

"They are revolting!" She breathed. "He has the power to kill them all!" She whinnied and spread her wings and took off into the sky. I spread my wings and flew up after her as fast as I could. We both came over the edge of the cliff to land to see Dragoness flying at Drake, he sent a pillar of flame flying at her which she dodged with ease. I stood in awe at the two experts battling for their lives. I pinned my ears and reared and screamed and leaped into the fray of the Draconi males standing behind Drake who had now charged at Dragoness's small army. I ran first to the lightest colored one I could find that looked the part of the enemy, the cream mare who was training Storm. I knew as soon as I ran at her I would have a hard time fighting a fighting trainer, but if Moon was right, I would be able to fight her. I reared and struck out at her and she instead spread her wings and leapt up into the air, twisting away from me only to open her jaws and shoot some golden flames towards me. I spread my wings and flew up as well to fly out of her line of fire. I caught myself mid-air and then, as swiftly as I could muster, redirected myself so I shot out at her, my teeth bared. I grabbed her by the back of the neck and shook my head as hard as I could, I felt my wolf teeth sink into her soft skin and I heard her scream in pain. She recovered quickly though and twisted out of my grasp, leaving a chunk of her flesh still in my teeth. I spat it out and then flew at her, sinking my teeth deep into her shoulder. She spiraled down a bit and then recovered and flew back up at me. She charged and opened her mouth to show her fangs. I raised a wing and drew it back and then whipped it right across her muzzle, causing her to fall back a bit. I then twisted around and dove at her, stretching out my front hooves and using her hovering body as my own launch pad. My back hooves dug into her spine and I heard her take a sharp intake of breath as she crumpled and her body went limp as she fell down right into the fighting of horses to disappear under a mass of hooves fire and fangs. While I watched her fall, I didn't notice another Draconi flying up behind me. Storm flew up and rammed his shoulder into my side, knocking the wind right out of my lungs. I fell down a ways and then I recovered and whipped around to face him.

"Storm, don't do this, don't you understand!" I screamed at him. His eye lit up for a moment and then he darkened his eyes.

"You are dead Pegasus!" He screamed back and dove at me, his wings at such an angle that he came at me on a diagonal. I flew up sharply and I felt the rush of air from where he flew under my stomach. Out of nowhere, Moon flew up to ram headfirst into her brothers stomach, knocking him out of place. He spun out of control and began to fall and then caught himself and shot her a glare.

"Storm, Father is wrong! You can't kill Pegasus!" She whinnied to him, the wind buffeting her long white mane, her light violet coat as shiny as ever.

"Moon he will kill us!" He snarled at her and dove to her. Suddenly I was blindsided. I didn't even have time to catch a glimpse of who hit me before I was skidding along the rocky ledge of a higher cliff. I scrambled to my hooves, ignoring the searing pain of my raw wounds. I turned to see Drake facing me, a dark glimmer in his eyes as he slowly advanced towards me.

"Colt you don't know what you have gotten yourself into, do you?" He snarled in a calm voice. I pinned my ears and lifted my wings slightly, ignoring the pain.

"What are you talking about," I snorted.

"The Council has issued for your capture immediately. They are very unhappy with you unveiling your own kind." He said, walking slowly towards me. He opened his jaw and then clacked his teeth. As the sharp crack cut through the air I felt a burning painful pressure on my left wing. He curled his lips back in a sinister smile and twisted his neck, and my wing broke, hanging uselessly at my side. I reared and screamed out in pain. That was all he needed. He advanced quickly, his jaws open for my neck. I twisted and did something blindly. I jumped off the cliff. He landed and watched me plummet to what he hoped was my death. I quickly lost consciousness from the overwhelming pain, the last thing I screamed out I remember very clear.

"Uni!"