Goat Shaman

When I woke, I was sure I was dead. It was quiet, so very quiet. Everything around me seemed to hang in thin air. My vision blurred in and out. I started to try and lift my head when I felt the pain. Searing pain spreading across my back and through my wing. I was alive. I hadn't hit the ground. I couldn't fly, but someone was carrying me away from the war. I saw the slightest glimpse of silvery mane. Moon had managed to lay me across her back and was somehow carrying me.

                "W-what are you doing?" I asked hoarsely. I saw her ear flick back as she flew along through the clouds.

                "Taking you to the only one I know that can save you. Save your energy Pegasus, you don't have much of it left," I had so many questions. I needed the answers, but I remained silent. It was so much easier to just remain silent. I was still so tired, but the searing pain wouldn't let me sleep. I was trembling from the pain. As my vision cleared up I saw a snow covered mountain appear through the fog. We were far away from the Draconian Empire if there was a snow covered mountain. I had no idea where we were going, or who she knew who could help me in my condition. Unicorns are the only Equus I knew of that could be healers. Man, I was so very wrong...

                  "Moon, I swear you have very baaad timing my dear." The shaman peered at us over her glasses that were hanging from her small curled horns.

                  "Goat Shaman, he is the one who is starting the Great Revolution. He has to stay alive. It's written in the stars." Moon argued lightheartedly. The goat sighed and walked over to examine me.

                 "His wing is not only broken, but it is being decomposed. That's some mighty fine maaagic working here." She flicked her ear and turned and trotted to a rock ledge where she kept what looked like an apothecary. "Yes, yes, I haven't dealt with magic that strong in a while. Your father did this? Hmm, I didn't know Drake was capable of such baaaad magic." She shook her head, a necklace of different charms clinking together. I noticed in the firelight she had carvings in her horns. A light blue light surrounded different herbs and trinkets and they levitated as she carried them over to me and rested them on the ground by my wing.

                    "Goats aren't magical creatures though..." I nickered. She lightly struck at me with a hoof, leaving a throbbing pain on my shoulder.

                   "Now you hush! Goats may not be born with the gifts of you Pegasi and you Unicorns and you... you Dragon horses!" Moon snorted at that. "But we are born with an immense knowledge in the Shamanic Arts of the Mountain Goats." She raised her head proudly when she spoke of the Arts. "And tell me I'm not magical one more time I might choose to not be magical just this once, I don't care who you aaaaare." She snorted at me, glaring at me over her half moon glasses. I snorted with annoyance and waited patiently while she went through her incantations and smeared various substances through the feathers on my wing.

                     "Ooh I didn't know Ebony could do that..." Moon cooed from the sidelines, she kept inching closer to get a better look. From the way it looked, it seemed that Moon was training under this... Goat Shaman.

                     "So why is Drake not still following me?" I asked Moon.

                    "My spies on his side told him they saw you fall into the caverns and perish. They all think you're dead, even Dragoness does." She said absentmindedly. She was too focused on her studies to pay much attention to my questions right now, so I decided to be quiet. I felt a chill shoot through my wing, and a triumphant baaaa from the Shaman.

                     "There we go, I have reversed the decomposition. That wing will be useless for a couple days, but it will heal properly now Pegasus." She said proudly. "And yes I know that is your name, not very original mind you, however I'm pretty sure the whole world knows your name by now. Seeing how everyone seems to waaaaant you dead." She butted my shoulder lightly. I nickered and stood up.

                      "So how do I get, uh, out of here?" I looked from the goat to Moon. Moon's ears slowly flicked back.

                      "That trip was assisted by an herbal concoction I made, I can't do it again," She said, avoiding my gaze. The goat said nothing. I sighed.

                      "So I guess I make myself comfortable..." I said dryly, again looking between them. Moon's ears perked up.

                      "Guess so, well Pegasus, I suppose this is goodbye. I don't think returning to the Draconian Empire is very wise. I will tell Dragoness you're alright, and remember you have our support should you need it." She said, walking over to me and touching her nose to mine. "Thank you for your help," She nickered. Without another word, she turned and flew off into the fog and quickly disappeared. The goat payed no attention, she just walked back over to her fire, throwing in random things and mumbling to herself. I shook my head. I guess I should just make myself comfortable. I have to go back... I thought to myself. I have to help the revolution in the Draconi Empire... And I can't just leave Moon behind like that... Why would she have just told me to never return? How... unusual... I lay down on the cool cave floor and tucked my nose around my side. I will think of a plan in the morning.