Chapter 22

A little later.

When the kids had come back they ran up to the scout and spoke with him excitedly. Raf sat on his shoulder and they talked to each other for a while as the others gathered around.

Miko sat on the couch quietly and stared at the floor. The Autobots were all talking to the scout and Jack pulled away from the group. He walked over and stopped just by the couch.

"Hey Miko." He said. She mumbled something but didn't look up. He sat next to her and stared at the floor.

"Is everything alright? You've been quite since the others rescued you." Jack said she didn't respond. "Did Arachnid hurt you?" He asked. She looked at him and scoffed.

"That old spider wouldn't dare harm me with Bulkhead around." She smirked as she pointed at herself. Jack smiled that was the Miko he knew. They were quiet again.

"So...what is going on?" He asked quietly. She looked over at Bulkhead then back at him.

"Have you ever had someone else's blood on your clothes?" She whispered as she looked at her hands.
"....No..." He said furrowing his brow.

"I was covered in Bulkheads energon. It felt like that. It was creepy." She mumbled, he looked at her for a minute.

"Did it remind you of all the times you almost lost him?" Jack asked quietly. She bit her lower lip and nodded as tears started to well up.

"It's hard to remember that they aren't indestructible. That they could......" She trailed off as she buried her head in her hands and cried silently.

Jack glanced up and noticed the wrecker was looking at them, concern on his face plate. He walked over and stood there quietly. After a moment he gently nudged the girl with one of his digits. She looked up and hugged it tightly as she cried. After a little while, she let go and smiled up at him. Then she gave Jack a sideways hug and he looked at her with surprise.

"Thanks Jack, I needed to talk to someone." She muttered. He smiled at her as she let go, and she punched him in the arm.

"Ow!" He complained. She gave him a warning look.

"Don't say anything to anyone about this." She said as she pointed at him. Bulkhead chuckled softly, Miko climbed into his servo and they walked off.

"You're welcome." Jack said smiling slightly as he rubbed his arm.

~~~
That night.

Bumblebees optics shot open and he sat up with a jolt. He looked around wildly as he panted heavily. He was in his berth room and he wasn't sure what woke him. The scout sat on the edge of his berth and rested his helm in his servos as he thought. He sat there for a moment as his spark started to calm down. An image flashed in his mind of him attacking Bulkhead. He shook his helm as he tried to shake the image. Another one flashed in his mind of Miko terrified and screaming at.....him.

Bumblebee stood up quickly and paced the room as he tried to ignore the images. After a moment they were gone and he stood still. His spark calmed down once again and he laid back on the berth. He stared at the ceiling as he drifted in and out of stasis, and eventually gave in. He was only out for an hour before they came back.

"NO!" He beeped as he sat up again.

He sat at the edge of the berth again and gripped the edge. He had just seen himself almost shoot Arcee point blank. He rested his helm in his servos, the image that made him cry out came back again. He squeezed his optics shut as he tried to fight it. Bumblebee saw himself aiming a cannon at Rachet, then at Raf as he tried to protect the doctor. He had heard a bang as the gun went off which scared him awake. He didn't really do that, did he?