Chapter 18

Jack peeked out of his hiding place and gasped as he heard Bumblebees gun power up. His mind raced as he thought of a way to save Arcee.

"Don't do it..." She said quietly. "Arachnid is controlling you." Her spark beat faster. Yellow Jacket glared and pressed his gun against her helm. She squeezed her eyes shut.

"HEY BUMBLEBEE!!" Yellow Jacket looked up to see the boy standing on a rock glaring at him.

The bot punched Arcee aside and walked to the boy. Jack could hear his heart pounding in his ears. He looked past the bot and smiled. Yellow Jacket paused and looked over his shoulder. Bulkhead yelled and swung his mace into the smaller bot. He hit him in the chest and he flew into the cliff face. Yellow Jacket crumbled to the ground and attempted to get up. He shook and collapsed to the ground.

"Sorry Bee..." Bulkhead mumbled as he stared at his friend. Smokescreen helped Arcee up and they walked over to the wrecker. Optimus followed close behind.

"Jack are you alright?" The leader asked.

"Ya...just a little shaken." He said looking at the bot.

"Rachet, prepare to ground us back." Optimus radioed.

"We better hurry before he comes to." Smokescreen said as he and Bulkhead lifted the scout up.

~~~

Yellow Jacket slowly woke up, and realized he was laying on a berth. He looked around and saw a medic talking to a taller bot. He had to get out of there. He saw another bot that looked similar to him standing near by. He jumped up and grabbed the bot around the neck. He transformed his free hand into a gun and pressed it against his head.

"Smokescreen!" Arcee yelled. Everyone turned and saw the two bots.

"I told you to strap him down!" Rachet yelled at the wrecker.

"I didn't think he needed it!" Bulkhead shot back.

"Do you think he needs it now?!" Rachet shouted angrily.

"This isn't helping!!" Smokescreen yelled.

They went quite and Yellow Jacket pointed his gun at them to back up. The team backed up to the computer, and watched him carefully. He motioned for Rachet to open the ground bridge.

"I don't think-" the medic began. The bot pressed his gun against Smokescreens head. "This is ridiculous." Rachet grumbled and walked to the lever.

Still trapping Smokescreen, the bot walked over to Rachet and punched in the coordinates. Bulkhead moved to help out, and Yellow Jacket spun around to face him. The bot aimed the gun at him then back at Smokescreen. He cocked it and they heard it powering up.

"NO!!" Arcee and Bulkhead yelled.

They heard metal hit metal and Yellow Jacket crumbled to the ground. Smokescreen looked over his shoulder in surprise. Rachet was holding a wrench in his hand and he lowered it slowly. They looked at him optics wide.

"What?" He grumbled as he walked back to the computer. "These things have more than one use." He said. Bulkhead quickly got the scout back up and put him on the berth again.

"Now strap him down like I told you to." Rachet growled without looking up.

~~

After Rachet had tested the scouts energon, he gathered the others. The scout was still in stasis as they spoke.

"Arachnid injected a poison into his system. Without that poison I can't cure him." He said simply. "When he tried to escape he punched in the coordinates, I think will take us to her." He grumbled.

"I think that's where we'll find Miko." Bulkhead said.

"Yes...well...that would be good too..." Rachet grumbled.

"Smokescreen, Bulkhead and I will retrieve Miko and the poison." Optimus said. "Arcee stay here and help Rachet." She glared at him.

"What again?" She grumbled.

"I don't need help." Rachet growled angrily.

"In case Bumblebee tries to escape again." Optimus said as he pulled the lever. The two bots grumbled as their leader left.