Chapter 16 (Contd...)

Hadi's POV :

Its been almost an year since that incident. Allah never willed us to be together. I agree that I felt broken and devastated, up to such an extent that I thought it was due to my so called father's Zina, I had to pay the punishment. I felt that I deserved it because I was his son, his own dirty blood and I would somehow become the man that he is today, eventually. Hence Allah didn't want me to marry at all.

But then, at the end of the day, we all are humans, not angels. Even angels have no idea about Allah SWT's plans, then who are we to think and decide what's best for us and what's not.

Guess what do did all this philosophical talking,

Alina!!

Haha, yeah. She was, is and always will be my support system. She practically did everything to cheer me up, to bring me back to where I was, the original me!

By what I know, Alina and Aania aren't on speaking terms anymore. Its saddening to see her so forlorn. Studies and Medicine have gotten into their lives like a leech, and it won't leave them until there is no blood left to suck on. She doesn't share things about her group, but I know for a fact that they aren't the same anymore. All I want is to see her happy and chirpy, the way is always was.

The most surprising thing happened today. We got a proposal for my baby sister. Yeah, she is way too pretty and we get a lot of proposals for her, most of which we deny and the rest, obviously Alina does. But this particular one was different.

This guy called Omar Hussain, seemed quite interested in Alina. A mechanical engineer of a very good family. When I questioned him about how he knew her, he replied, "I've seen her quite a few times before, at my neighbours place. I believe they are college friends. So when I asked people around, I got to know your address, so asked myself. My parents are usually out of town, so..."

The guy, seemed quite simple and well mannered. Even though they are rich, he isn't proud snob. And I if he really liked my doll, then he would obviously keep her safe and protected. Just like, how I felt for Aania. I couldn't let someone pass through that bad phase of rejection from someone you really like.

"For Allah's sake, I don't want to marry him! His is a rich filthy brat." she kept cursing him and holding allegations against him, that he isn't a good Muslim and what not.

Her so called proof, were just in her dream world. He is a good guy and she was just over thinking about not wanting to marry him or anyone now.
I always thought girls shy away when the topic of discussion was about their marriage. But on the contrary, Alina was completely different.

Well I guess, she feels all the guys out there are like our so called dad, and would leave her homeless just like our mum. That would surely be one of the many reasons she refuses to marry anyone. But Omar is rich and will keep her happy and provide her with things we couldn't afford.

Seeing Alinu, sad and weak with swollen eyes and dark circles, I realised we shouldn't burden her with our thoughts and decisions.

"Assalaamualaikum mom, free!? Or am I interrupting your work?" I enter her room asking her permission.

"Come on in, my hero. I'm always free for you."

"Umm mom, don't scold me or something, and I know how angry you are at Alina for blaming innocent people which is prohibited in Islam, but her decision and choice is equally important."

"NO Hadi, that girl is just crossing her limits. She will...." mom sternly spoke. But I cut her mid sentence politely, so as to not offend her.

"...Mammaaa, yeah yeah she is being too stubborn. I know. But, let's just give her the benefit of her doubts. If she is able to prove herself right, then lets see. But if she can't, the final decision will be hers anyway. So just don't be harsh on her. We will get a lot of good guys. He isn't the only one."
Somehow I was able to calm mum. Alhamdulillah.