Chapter 5: The Car.

ALINA'S POV:

Uzair, the gentleman that he is, opened the front door for Erum and Erum, the shy girl that she is, couldn't open her mouth to decline the offer so she sat in the front without uttering a word.

"So I hear your batch is going to throw us the Convocation?" Uzair initiated a topic, hoping for Erum to reply.

"Yes, you heard right. We are! I'm pretty excited about it though" I replied because damn sure Erum wouldn't.
"Pretty excited, huh?" He questioned with a hint of 'I know why you all excited' in his voice.

What was that all about. What is he referring to? Zain? No. NO!! That can't happen. I guess I am just over thinking.
Arrghh Alina!!

So I start texting Erum :
Babe, your babe is adjusting the rear view mirror just to have a good look at me. -Alina
Haha, very funny. He is concentrating on the road ahead. -Erum
Oohhh so someone was having a good look at him!!! *cough* -Alina
I can see what's happening around me. Not just him. So please okay!!! -Erum
I can see someone trying super hard to not smile while texting, you know!!!:Alina

Suddenly we hear Uzair phone ring and just could make out words like hmm, what? Okay. Fine. On my way. Stay where you are.

I didn't feel like interrupting him and asking what happened. And Erum obviously wouldn't.

After about two minutes, the car stopped. And someone knocked on my side of the window. I unlocked the door just to see someone I didn't want to. Or maybe I did.

I scooted in and he sat right beside me. The bags were on my left and he was on my right. No barrier between us. JUST US!!

Ahem ahem. Now someone must be enjoying. Zain Alina! Awwwhh. How cute. -Erum
Oh please okay. Like. I. Care. -Alina

Where you secretly wishing for something of this sort to happen?! Naughty girl :p. -Erum
I have better things to wish for. Mind your seat, girl. -Alina

"Dude, what's wrong with your car anyway?" Uzair asked Zain and broke the silence in the car.

"NO idea bro. I'm a doctor not a mechanic" He replied in a duh tone.
"Haha chill. Just asking!"

He was completely drenched too. His shirt glued to his body. Wet Hair falling on his forehead. What a sight.
But lowering the gaze was my only option.

The guys were having some normal conversation and twice, TWICE, our knees had a brief contact. My right, his left. It felt weird, in a good way! And he didn't even care to feel. Neutral face!! Both the times, it felt like my heart would have an attack because it was beating. My heart skipped beats. And then it was beating frantically. So was my breathing.
The moment our knees touched, my heart stopped so did my lungs.
What an effect he had on me.
But it didn't reciprocate. He was expressionless. As if nothing happened.

"Are you both texting each other?" questioned Uzair because our cell phones were buzzing one after the other.

Erum shot her head up as if she was caught red handed. I acted cool.
"Haha, texting? Each other? That would be super lame. She is right there!" I lied perfectly.