○ chapter thirty seven ○

Winter's P.O.V

"Hey mom, I am going out. Be back soon. Bye!" I say as I run down stairs and hold my phone close to me. I was probably looking like a freak since I couldn't get this stupid smile off my damn face.

"Where? It's like nearly midnight!" I smiled innocently before waving and running towards the door. But someone beat me to it as he trapped me from not leaving the door. I looked up to see a suprised Cole and I groaned and muttered 'dammit' under my breath.

"Please Cole. It's about...Sam." I say and his eyes widen up in amusement. "Oh really?" Cole chuckled, making me growl. I pushed him away from the door before looking at everyone in the room. "I dont know when I will be back but please for the love of god do not leave me so many calls when I turn my phone off." I look my mother knowing she would do it. She looked at me for a second before sighing.

"If your not back soon, I will spam your phone with missed calls and texts so where ever your going, don't take too long." My mom smiles at me and since I was already smiling, I just nodded. I looked at Cole and tapped his shoulder, causing him to look at me with a brow raised.

"Please don't worry. I will be back soon. Promise." I say and leave the house. I sigh and lean against the door. Wow, I actually thought that would be really hard to do.

I looked around to see that the sky was filled with stars and lights from the planes that were flying past. I smiled at the beautiful scene and headed down the path. My smile was immediately replaced with a frown as I face palmed my forehead.

"I really need to learn how to drive." I muttered. How in earth am I going to get to the lake when I can't drive? And walking really isn't my thing at midnight since there were really creepy dudes hanging around.

Another groan escaped my mouth when I noticed that I didn't know where to go. There were lakes everywhere so how would I know which one to go to? I sighed and hugged my jacket around my body as the cold air hit my skin.

Great, I don't know where I am suppose to go and I don't know how to get to where ever I am suppose to go. Perfect.

I found myself starting to walk down the pathway. It couldn't hurt but try and find the place, right? And I do have pepper spray in my jacket...

●●●

Okay, I honestly don't know where I am and I am starting to think I am lost...actually, I might be lost. Great. I've past about 10 lakes and I have ran away from 3 different men in the past hour. I crossed the road and looked around. No cars were in sight and the street lights were the only things keeping the place lit up right now.

I took my phone out and called Sam. I couldn't take it anymore. I needed stupid directions and I might be wrecking this whole romantic, secret place thing but I was not going to run miles again and again.

"Hello?" I heard Sam's voice making me sigh in relief. Thank the lord!

"Sam, I'm lost." I say and Sam chuckles. "I figured...okay, I am near Jordan's River. There is a sign just before it though." Sam says as he was still laughing. I just rolled my eyes and looked around. I saw a few signs so I decided to go up and look at all of them. "See you soon." I say with a small chuckle.

"I hope so." Sam says, a laugh escaping his lips. I smiled as I hung up the phone. I missed his voice so much I couldn't even explain it.

I looked at the first sign which had said 'Kalispella River'. I shook my head and looked at the second one which had said 'Georgia's River'. I ran a hand through my hair and crossed my fingers, hoping that this last sign would make me the happiest girl alive.