○ chapter thirty nine ○

Winter's P.O.V

"Run." Sam whispered, his hand slowly letting go of mine. I looked up at him and just as I was about to ask questions, the door was suddenly kicked in, causing me to let out a scream.

Then everything went into slow motion. My mom was running up to the men, tackling them down with Hayden, Alec and Cole helping. Emmaree was running into the kitchen to grab something and Sam was glaring at Phillip who was directly looking at me, the evil smirk plastered on his face.

"GO!" Sam yelled and I immediately ran. I ran to the back door and looked around the back yard, planning what I was going to do next.

I ran towards the fence and lifted myself over once I heard yelling and screaming coming from behind me. Once my feet had touched the ground, the screaming of my mother's scream alarmed me and the feeling of going back to help her rushed through me.

"There she is!" I heard a man scream from behind the fence and that was what chose me to keep running. My mom knew how to look after herself. She was independent and not afraid of any man.

I reached the other side of the yard and looked to my left to see their gate open and I ran to my escape which led me to next door. I ran up the street and the memory of Alec and I came into my head.

We walked outside and i closed the door behind us. "Sooo...what we gonna do?" I asked as we headed down the steps. Alec chuckled as he shoved his hands in his pockets. "Well, there is a park down the street?" Alec suggested and i grinned and looked at him.

"Race ya?" I suggested and Alec smirked. "Just wanna let you know, I know some shortcuts." Alec smirked some more. I laughed.

"A little exploring could help me." I grinned and Alec laughed. "Your running against the flash, Winnie." Alec said as he started to stretch his legs. I rolled my eyes.

"Calm down, we arent in the Olympics." I said as tied up my hair in a bun. Alec rolled his eyes and looked at me. "Ready?"

"Ready." I nodded.

I laughed at the memory but suddenly felt my legs moving again as I ran up the street. Out of nowhere, I felt an idea pop into my head and I hoped he was there.

●●●

Sam's P.O.V

After I watched Winter run out the back door, I turned around to see Phillip's smirk. Oh so badly I wanted to smash it off his face.

"Now son, you wouldn't hit your father would you?" As those words came out of his mouth, I laughed.

"And you suddenly classify yourself as a father?" Just as I said those words, two men came running at me from left and right. I took the one of the left first, grabbed the back of his neck and smashed his face into my knee. Then I turned to the guy on the right and rose my leg up and kicked him directly in the balls. As they were both on the ground, I walked towards Phillip.

Everyone was fighting their own battles. Kelly and Emmaree worked together, beating up the men that tried to grab them both and my brothers were like Bruce Lee! Fighting non-stop! They were like ninjas, they were so fast!

"Son-"

"Don't you dare give me that bullshit. We both know I can kick your ass right here, right now." I challenged, walking towards Phillip. Phillip just stood there, his casual smirk plastered on his face. I rolled my eyes and pulled up my sleeves.