36.5K 1.3K 234

Winter's P.O.V

"Amanda?" I breathe out, my eyes widening. Before she can say anything though, I quickly turn around and face the mirror. I hear her footsteps come closer towards me and I close my eyes tightly, trying to hold back the tears.

Keyword being 'trying'.

I hopelessly turn around and walk into the arms of my old best friend, sobbing into her shoulder.

"I'm so sorry, Winter. I really am." I hear Amanda say softly as she places her chin on my head, holding me close to her.

Instead of replying, I just continue to cry.

----------

"Why are you here?" I ask as I lean back into the car seat.

After I cried my eyes out for five minutes or maybe even ten, we decided to sit in her car since I really wasn't ready to go back to class.

"My mom sent me here because she is moving to Florida. She sent your mom a message saying if I can stay with you since we having seen each other in years but she said you were living with a girl named Becky since she is in Africa." Amanda replies and I look over at her, my eyebrow raising.

"Where's your dad?" I ask and Amanda breathes out a sigh.

"My parents got divorced." Amanda mumbles and I mentally face palm myself.

"I'm sorry." I say softly and she waves me off, turning to me with a small smile.

"So... who's Becky?" Amanda asks, changing the subject which I really didn't mind at all.

"My mom's friend that I am staying with for a year while my mum is at Africa." I say with a shrug and Amanda nods her head slowly before replying with,

"Can I stay with you?"

"I'll just have to inform her when she gets back from work." I say with a smile but when I notice Amanda frowning a little, my smile begins to fade.

"Who did that?" Amanda suddenky asks, pointing at my cheek. I quickly turn to look out the window, the memories resurfacing.

"No one." I say rather quickly. Amanda places her hand on my shoulder, a sigh escaping her lips.

"Win..." Amanda mutters softly. Then, that's when I begin to just let it all out.

"It was the boy I am staying with. He came home late with his brother, Hayden, and he was drunk. He hit Cole and then he hit me and - ugh, I don't want to talk about it." I explain and Amanda's eyes narrow.

"Who? Cole or Hayden?" Amanda asks and I shake my head.

"It was Sam. The oldest one." I say quietly, earning Amanda to narrow her eyes even more, if that is possible.

"How many boys are you living with?"

"Four." I say, earning a look from Amanda which basically says, 'detail, please'.

"Hayden is the one that usually doesn't bother you much. Alec is the playful and funny one. Cole is the big hearted one... and Sam is the mysterious, closed out one." I say and Amanda raises her eyebrow.

"The Anderson's? The bad boys of this school?" Amanda suddenly asks, making me choke on my saliva.

"You know them?"

"Heard of them by facebook." Amanda says with a shrug, making me feel somewhat relieved.

"Well then, yes. It is them." I say and Amanda's eyes glow with excitement and anger.

"I absolutely can't wait to meet these guys-" Amanda says with a grin. Then, her grin falls. "-and punch this asshole of a dick in the face."

----------

I walk towards the cafeteria, deciding not to get any lunch today. I just have a feeling I'm going to bump into Gemma, Kate and their followers, I just know it.

I walk into the doors and take a deep breath. Be brave, Winter, I tell myself as I walk to the table that Amanda told me she will be sitting at. I don't see her yet but I know she is on her way.

As I pass Gemma's table, my heart literally begins to race like I am about to speak in front of the class. Actually, scratch that. Like I'm about to meet the president.

Suddenky, my name escaped Kate's mouth. Ignore, I tell myself.

"Hey Winter!" I hear Kate's voice call again and instead of listening to my head, I find myself slowly turning around to be face-to-face with Kate Lenora.

Kate is smirking as she holds something behind her back. Something about that is telling me to run but I don't move. I continue to tell myself that it is probably nothing but what my eyes see right now, it definitely isn't nothing.

I am about to get humiliated in front of the whole school.

And there is nothing I can do about it.

Kate raises the can of coke above my head too quickly for me to even try to escape. The coke pours down into my hair and through my clothes, making it see-through. That's when I hear everyone begin to laugh.

"You think you're having the time of your life, whore? You think that since you are spending the nights at the Anderson's house, you think you're lucky and special?" Kate whispers in my ear. I close my eyes, trying to stop the tears from falling.

"I don't think so," Kate finishes, pushing me backwards so I land on the ground.

Humiliated. Completely humiliated.

Suddenly, I find myself being surrounded by Amanda, Cole and Alec and instead of getting up, I lower my head and silently begin to cry.

"Fuck what she says," I hear Alec say and I look up at him, shaking my head.

"You don't understand!" sniff "She won't stop!" sniff "The words won't stop!" sob "S-she won't... stop..." I mumble and finally stand up, walking out of the cafeteria and away from the school.

I don't know where I am going or what I am going to do but what I know for certain is that I am hated by everyone... and I can't change that.

----------

A/N - Edited

Leave a comment, and a vote, maybe?

-XmysterysmileX