Chapter thirty-four - Martha's revelation

After an incredibly long day, we finally waved our goodbyes to Lisa and went home. I have to say that it sucks when almost everybody knows you. Even inside the airport while waiting for our flight to be called, I noticed some people staring at me and then whisper to the person beside them.

Now we're on a plane, going home. Although I'm supposed to be happy, I still feel like something's missing. Right, Jarred. I'm still wondering how he's doing. I know that if I will try to defend him, people will think that I'm crazy or I have Stockholm Syndrome.

"Honey, are you okay?" My mom asked. "Yes, I'm fine." I replied and then my mom looked down to my belly which has since grown even bigger.

"How many months?" She asked, still looking at my belly. "Will turn 7 by next week." I answered. "Gender?"

"A boy."

"Who's the dad?" Oh no. Should I tell her?

"Jarred," I answered faintly.

My mom frowned at me and I didn't look at her. "Why are you sad?" She asked. "It's nothing." I lied but of course, my mom knew something was wrong. "Don't lie to me Sarah O'Neill. Clearly you're hiding something." Mom said and I nodded.

"I love him." I said and I expected my mom to gasp or anything but she didn't. "Why do you love him?" She asked but I didn't answer.

She turned my face so I could look at her. "Look at me, Sarah. Tell me the truth." She looked at me in the eye and I began crying. "Dad will be mad." I said to her and she nodded 'no'. 

But before I could speak, dad, who is seated in the middle seats, poked mom. "Aren't you gonna order food?" Dad asked mom. Mom looked at me for a second then to dad.

"I'll have a chip." Mom said. "What chip?" Dad asked. "Any chips." Mom answered and dad nodded. Dad ordered a chip from the stewardess who was selling snacks and then gave it to mom.

Mom opened up her chip and began eating. "Back to the topic. Please tell me everything." She told me and I nodded. "Jarred's different from his older brother, Barry. He tried protecting me from him." I said, trying to make sure that dad couldn't hear me.

"In what way did he try to protect you?" Mom asked again. I looked over dad just to make sure he's not looking at us, suspiciously. Luckily, he is focused on typing something on his computer.

"When Barry would try to sexually abuse me or do some things that are crazy, Jarred would step in and try to protect me." I explained briefly to me and she looks amused. "I'm confused. Why is he trying to protect you?" She asked me.

"All he said was that he doesn't enjoy doing it and that his brother only forced him to do so." I answered and mom nodded. She looked over to dad then to me.

"I'm sorry, mom." I said to her and she gave me a faint smile. "I have to say that you two have one of the most interesting love story in the world." She said and I nodded.

"It's incredibly rare to fall in love with your captor." She said and I looked at her. That was when I noticed that she seems to be hiding something. "Are you hiding something from me?" I asked her.

She hesitated for a second and then took a deep breath. "I happen to know his dad." She said and my eyes widened.

"Joaquin Fernandez. The drug smuggler who caught my eye." She said and I became confused even more. "What do you mean 'caught your eye'?" I asked.

"We were in a relationship for about two years. Until he met this Irish girl named Patricia and they got in a relationship. Patricia also happens to be my best friend." She said and I was left with my mouth open.

"Next thing I knew is that Patricia is already pregnant." My mom continued.

I'm speechless.

"Don't tell your dad about that." She said and I nodded 'yes'. "Of course. Do you know where Patricia is jailed?" I asked her and she smiled.

"Yes I do."

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•
I know it's not really that long but at least it's longer than the other one.

Btw, who finds Grant Gustin attractive? I do! HA!!

Anyways, have a great day everyone.

I'm also on snapchat already and sorry in advance for my stupid posts.