Chapter twenty-three - Where is Maureen?

I spent the whole night with my thoughts on how to raise this child while I'm in captivity. Actually, I don't even know how to raise one.

Unfortunately, I wasn't able to sleep properly. So when Barry woke me up the next morning, I ended up, trying to extend my patience on his one hour sermon.

"So, Maureen told me you're pregnant." He said, at least his tone is finally calm. "Yes." I said.

He sighed.

"Come with me." He said and I nodded. I got up and followed him. I thought he was going to take me to the same room where he would often rape me or do other stuffs to me.

However, I was confused when he decided to take me to an another room. "Where are we going?" I asked but he didn't answer.  I rolled my eyes and sighed.

I somehow got used already to being ignored.

We stopped at a wooden door and then Barry took out keys from his pocket and I became curious even more. When Barry opened it, it was a dining room. My eyes widened as I look around.

Maureen was sat beside the middle chair and she gave me a faint smile as soon as she saw me. I returned the same back to her and she gave Barry a kiss before he sits down beside her.

"Here." Barry told me, pointing at the chair at his other side.

I sat down and then I looked at Maureen. "You okay?" She mouthed and I nodded 'yes'.

Barry then handed me a plate with bacon and egg, and a mug with milk. My eyes widened and I look at him, confused. This is the type of breakfast that my mother usually serves.

How did he know?

Maureen.

I looked at Maureen and she smiled. "Thank you." I mouthed and she winked.

She told Barry to feed me. She told him the type of food that I usually eat.

Before I ate, "Thank you Barry." I said. He turned to look at me, "I'm doing it for my nephew." He said and went back eating.

I sighed as I took the first bite of the food. Tasting it feels like I haven't tasted it in forever. Also, while eating it, I remembered my mother.

I remembered how she'll usually cook this every morning. I also remembered how I would often roll my eyes because she would cook the same thing over and over again.

"What makes you say it's a boy?" I asked Barry and he stopped eating. He turned to look at me, "Dad predicted that his first grandchild would be a boy." He answered, while taking a bite from his food.

"What's the name of your dad?" I asked and I was scared that he might shout at me.

"Max." He answered and I nodded.

The whole breakfast was quiet. Also, I'm amused of Barry's soft side. When he talks to me, he'd usually scream or would often raise his voice when he replies.

"Umm...thank you Barry." I said and he looked at me. I gave him a faint smile, nervous that he's gonna raise his voice.

"You're welcome." He said. To be honest, I'm amused. I look over to Maureen and she smiled at Barry. As if she's proud of her boyfriend. Barry gave her back a smile as well.

I smiled at the sight. Maureen does love him despite Barry's attitude.

I continued eating and even after I was done, I was still tempted to get another one. But I was scared that Barry might scream or raise his voice so I decided that I won't get another one.

I got up and picked up my plate. Barry looked at me, with eyes widened. "Where are you going?" He asked, crossing his arms.

"I'm going to wash my plate." I said and he rolled his eyes. "Go." He said and I nodded. I headed to where the kitchen was. I expected some staff to be there but to my surprise, no one was.

I nodded and I put my plate on sink. Back at home, it's not usually me who'll do the job. I mean, I've tried once but not most of the time. It's either my mom or my dad who'll do it.

I sighed and I felt a tear went out of my eye. I wiped it and continued doing my job. Then I noticed that there were still some other plates that were not washed for how many days.

I decided to wash them all. At least, I somehow found enjoyment in doing them.

Barry came in a few minutes later and when he saw me washing the dishes alone, I think he was quite impressed. He raised an eyebrow and clapped his hands twice.

"Kindly wash mine, please." He said and he just shoved his plate into the sink. Wow.

I sighed. I frowned at him, who was walking away. I went back washing the dishes.

"You okay?" I turn around and seen Maureen. "I'm fine. No need to ask really." I said, while putting the soap around the plate.

"You're such a brave girl, Sarah." Maureen said and I stopped working at the mention of the word 'brave'. No one has called me that before.

Am I?

I looked at her and I raised an eyebrow. "I don't why you're calling me brave but thank you." I gave her a faint smile.

"You know, if I were in your-"

"Maureen!" We heard Barry call, thus interrupting Maureen. She gasped and quickly ran outside.

I continued doing my job until I heard Maureen scream. My eyes widened, I dropped the dishes and I quickly ran outside. I found Maureen's bracelet on the table, soaked with blood and the door open.

"Oh my goodness," I mumbled to myself.

I went outside and followed Maureen's blood track.

"Maureen!" I yelled, in hopes of her answering me by her scream. However, she didn't. I continued searching down the unfamiliar halls until a cold hand covered my mouth.

Shit.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•
Ahh!! Basically, school's really stressing me out. We have loads of projects to do. Plus, some of my classmates are pressuring me. You know, those type of people who judge you because of your appearance.

Anyways, hope you like this chapter. Message me if you spotted a mistake. :)

PS. Go visit my tumblr --> @mynameischristinem :)