Chapter twenty-four - new look

A cold hand grabbed me from behind and I struggled to let go.

"Shh," The person whispered to me and I became scared even more. The person then dragged me inside this incredibly dark room. It was so dark, to the point that I couldn't even see anything. I couldn't even see the person.

What is he going to do with me?

That was when the person let go of me. I took the opportunity to breathe in air.

"Are you okay?" The person asked me. The voice is somewhat familiar.

A male.

"You care to ask?" I asked.  "Yes." He answered. "I'm fine and thanks for asking." I replied. "Who are you? And how dare you to drag me violently." I said.

"You know me already. I was just making sure if you're really okay." He said and I became confused even more.

Who is this guy?

"Go straight forward and you'll find the doorknob." He instructed me and I nodded. I moved forward, slowly. Until I was finally able to touch the doorknob.

"By the way," he called me and I stopped "Don't look back." He said and I nodded.

What does he mean?

I opened the door, I followed what he said and I didn't look back.

After the door was shut, I look around and I was alone once again.

"Sarah?" I turn around and seen Maureen running up to me.

Her look was awful. She had a cut on her lip, her hair were facing in all directions, one of her eyelids was half closed and it hurts to see her like this.

What did Barry do to her? Why did he do such a thing?

I swallowed a saliva and looked at her with pity. "Uh-oh! Don't you dare give me that look. I'm fine." She said, managing to give off a smile. However, I knew that she was trying to hide her sadness.

She's been suffering this.

"Come on." She told me and I nodded. She then grabbed my hand and I couldn't stop staring at her.

"What did he do to you?" I asked and she stopped walking. "Don't worry about me." She assured me and I nodded.

"Maureen!" We heard Barry yell and Maureen rolled her eyes. "I'm coming." Maureen replied and we continued walking.

The question is, what's going to happen? What will Barry do to me this time?

Maureen led me to an another room but before she entered, she warned me. "Before we get inside, I just want to remind you that I have to act mean towards you when Barry is with us. Okay? Otherwise, we'll all be killed." She explained to me.

"I understand. Think of your safety too." I said and she faintly smiled.

We went inside and I saw Barry sitting down on a chair, shirtless. To be honest, he doesn't look hot. He was typing something on his phone.

Eww. His ugly body.

I hid my disgusted reaction by looking away and sat down in a chair, quietly. "Wait here." Maureen said and she walked away.

I really forced my myself not to look at Barry. A few minutes later, I heard him chuckle. Even though it already caught my attention, I still did not look at him.

"Enjoying the view, Sarah?" He said and I feel that he's smirking. "I'm not even looking at you." I replied and he laughed.

"Wow!" He shouted and I looked at him with an eyebrow raised. He stood up and leaned his shoulders against the wall and winked at me. Is he trying to flirt with me? What the hell?

My eyebrows met and he laughed. A few seconds later, Maureen came out and noticed that I was disgusted with Barry. I heard her sigh and instructed me to sit down on the chair.

At first, I was confused why she brought me to this kind of room. She opened the drawer and started looking for something. Meanwhile, I looked at myself in the mirror.

I'm so thin. Well at least I'm going to gain some weight as soon as I have this baby.

"I'm going out for a while, dear." I heard Barry say and while looking at the mirror, I saw him kiss Maureen while she just shrugged.

As soon as Barry was gone, Maureen looked at me in the eye. "Barry wants me to cut your hair." She said and my eyes widened. "But why?" I asked. "So that no one will notice who you really are." She answered.

"I'm not even going out."

She sighed, "He's bringing you out tomorrow for your check-up." She said and I nodded. "Do it." I gave her a faint smile and she reluctantly cut my hair.

The whole haircut thing was silent until Maureen decided to bring up a topic. "I was planning on calling 911." She said while cutting my hair and my eyes widened.

I mean, I do want to be free. But that means Jarred and Maureen will be imprisoned!

"Don't." I said and she looked at me in the mirror. "The baby is more important, Sarah." She said. "But you'll be imprisoned!" I replied and I could see that she's about to cry.

"Don't mind about Jarred and I. At least we will be taught a lesson." She said.

"Where's Jarred?" I asked.

"I don't know." She replied.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•
Sorry if it's quite short. It's been a very busy week for me. I have loads of projects to pass.

Anyways, hope you like this one. Message me if you spotted a mistake. :)