Chapter thirty-five - First Step if Freedom

How long has it been? Sorry. :(

"Where? I wanna see her, mom!" I said and mom nodded. It must be hard for her. She was in love with the man only for her best friend to betray her.

I managed to calm down. "I'm sorry for overreacting." I said and she sighed. "It's okay. The thing is, I haven't talked to her for quite some time but I do know where she's jailed." My mom continued.

"Where mom?"

"She's in the Los Angeles jail." My mom answered and I nodded. "How long has she been there? I'm sorry if I'm asking too many questions." I said to her. "For a very long time. Probably since your baby daddy was still quite young." She answered and I nodded.

The rest of the flight was filled with silence. I did feel guilty of bringing the topic of Patricia up.

As soon as the the pilot announced that we have arrived at our destination, I was about to grab my mom stopped me. "Hey, let me grab it for you." My dad said and I nodded.

As we go out, the LA smell welcomed me. I have to admit that I miss this smell. "Welcome back, sissy." My little sister winked and I gave off a faint smile.

We continued walking and as we were walking, I could see and feel people watching me. It's quite obvious that they know me. I could also hear the sound of cameras but I ignored it.

At the arrivals area, I could see people with posters saying how much they missed me and waving at me. "Who are they?" I asked. "Our neighbors." My dad answered with a smile.

Wow. I'm amazed. When I was young, I used to complain on how annoying these people are. I never realized how loving they actually are.

"Welcome back Sarah!" One neighbor said. "Thank you!" I smiled back. Many others said the same. Aside from the smiles, some were whispering and I know that they're whispering about my stomach.

"Sarah, are you pregnant?" One neighbor asked. "Yes." I nodded. I secretly prayed that no one will ask more questions. "Who's the daddy?" Another neighbor asked. "Can you give her some space? She just got her freedom back." My sister interrupted the. Neighbor nodded.

Thanks sissy.

We went to the parking lot followed by the neighbors. Before driving on, my dad sighed.

"How are you going to tell the public about your baby daddy?" My dad asked.

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"How are you going to tell them he's not you know, the bad guy." My dad said and I nodded.

I don't know.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•
Hey y'all!! How long has it been? I've been very busy lately that's why I never really had the time to update and all. Sorry if it's super short.

Btw, have you seen beauty and the beast? GOSH ITS SO GOOD. I'M SO PROUD OF EMMA.