Chapter sixteen - guilty

His face dropped and he was speechless. He looked down on the ground, thinking. He seems to be in a deep thought. Jarred's the type of guy who feels that no one will like him because of his status.

"Why do you love me, Sarah?" He asked. Does he really have to ask? "Yes," I answer and he nodded. He continued looking on the ground and sighed. "You can't." He said and my eyes widened.

"Maureen said that you love someone else." He said, in a low voice. Did I even love Frank? I nodded 'no'. "I did not love him, Jarred." I said but he looks unsatisfied.

"We can't be together." He said and walked away. After he shut the door, I was alone again.

Jarred hates me. I look down on the ground and millions of thoughts immediately came to flood my mind. When can life be better?

With the situation that I'm in right now, I don't think there's still sunlight at the end of my path.

I look to the side of the wall and saw groups of ants crawling. Then I look up to the ceiling and saw a cockroach.

During my first week on being a captive, I was honestly scared. But anyways, I got used to seeing to those kind of creatures.

I simply sighed and leaned to the wall. In a few minutes later, I fell asleep.

***

"Sarah," I heard a voice. I opened my eyes and seen Maureen. Anger immediately took over my body to the point that I really want to punch her right now. I rubbed my eyes in order to wipe away all my morning glories before I furrowed my eyebrows and she rolled her eyes.

Then she slapped me quite hard. I wanted to cry. But I don't want her to know that I am weak.

I touched the part of my face where she slapped it. Then I looked at her and I furrowed my eyebrows at her. But she laughed as if she's proud of what she has done.

"Don't you give me that look, Sarah." She joked and I was trying to control myself from punching her. "Look at you. So thin!" She continued ranting about how awful as a friend I was.

Before, I personally thought she was a good friend. I trusted her with all my secrets. With what's happening now and seeing her like this, makes me realize that having her as my friend was my biggest mistake.

"Try being in my position. I bet you'll understand." I said, trying to be fierce. "Sad to say, I will never be." Maureen replied sarcastically. Then she went closer and looked at me in the eye.

"You deserve to be like this, Sarah." She glared at me, then walked away. She was about to go out but as she was about to open the door, she stopped and turned to look at me. She furrowed her eyebrows and started walking towards me.

"What do you-" before I could continue, she slapped me. Out of anger, I manage to carry my weak left hand and pinched her lower leg as hard as I could. She eventually groaned out of pain.

I got up and glared at her. Then she aimed her fists at me and was about to punch me when I prevented her from doing so. I was able to catch her hand. Then I finally punched her face using my other hand causing her to lose balance.

As she struggled to get up, I ran as fast as I could to get out. I ran out, only to be confronted by Jarred.

I bumped into him, and I fell. He look down on me, as if I was a trash.

"Where do you think you're going?" He asked, crossing his arms and frowning. I managed to get up, "Somewhere away from you." I glared at him and tried running past by him.

He grabbed my hand, this preventing me from running. He held my thin hand tight and looked at me in the eye.

Although his face looks kinda mad, there was guilt in his eyes. "Too bad, you can't." He said and pushed me.

After I fell again on the floor, I look up at him, shocked of what he just did. Tears started to form in my eyes but I somehow managed to hold them back.

"You're not the Jarred I used to know." I said and I knew that I hit him hard by those words. He looked shock but he tried hiding it. But he eventually failed.

"You should punish her!" Jarred and I turn around and seen Maureen, trying to catch her breath. I look up to Jarred and gave him one last glare.

"You're going to regret this, Jarred." My jaw clenched with every word and he nodded.

Maureen then dragged me across the floor. I look back to Jarred, whose figure is slowly fading. I could still see his guilty face. Still, I'm mad at him.

How could he do this to me? I shouldn't have trusted him.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•
Sorry for the late update. I've been very busy lately. :( hope you like this chapter though. <3
Notify me if you spotted a mistake.