Chapter 9

Chapter 9:

Arath's stables were by a pit called The sleeping snake. It's called like that, because apparently when you look at it from the sky the pit is shaped as a snake that doesn't move. So therefor, they called it the Sleeping Snake.

The stables were like any other stables from the outside. Old spoiled wood and the smell was like almost one too, but it smell more like a chicken pen. There were nest at the top of the stables, but it weren't just normal ones, no the nests were the size of a nighttable. There were four trunks full of water on the corners of the pen outside the stables. And there was a lot of feathers on the floor.

“So what did you say he wanted?” I asked Sky again. He hadn't say a thing since we got out of the garden's maze.

“I told you, is a surprise” Sky said.

“Oh, yeah. Right, a surprise” I repeated.

We kept walking in silent as we entered the stables. Arath and the others were already there and apparently Sky and I were the only ones that were missing.

“Oh, good. They are finally here” Arath said as he saw us enter the stables –or more like exit to the back of the stables.

Arath is a middle size elve of five seven with long green hair tied up in a ponytail. He was kind of build up and had wide shoulders making him look like a wrestleting teenager.

“So why are we here?” I asked as I meet with my friends. I looked at my friends faces and they looked as confused as I was.

“We are here so you can learn” Arath said grinning.

“Learn what?” I asked confused.

“Is he this airhead all the time?” Arath asked, looking at Naomi and Dustin. They just nodded at the same time, then turned to looked at each other blushing.

“If you call us here to insult me, then I'm leaving” I said feeling angry. I can't believe he just sent Sky for me to call me names and stuffs.

“Ok, relax. Geez, you humans get angry easily. Now I know why your world is at the edge of destruction”

I just shoved my hands in my pockets and looked at him –well, more like glaring at him.

Arath walked inside his stables and cam back moments later hauiling two horse seats behind him. They were a little different, then the normal ones. This ones were modified for something bigger and faster.

“What are those?” Dustin asked.

“This are dragon's seats. We had to measured your dragons so we could build this things. They are made of the best leather and the strongest one in Margus Terram. And more importantly...this are the only ones around and it took me almost a week to made them” He said looking at each of us “So, don't mess them up”

“We are not planing to do that” I replied, rolling my eyes.

“Just a warning” He said, “Ok, now put them on your dragons please”

I went a grabbed on and about to put it on Sky when we heard a loud horn been blowed, signaling that someone was entering through the doors of the wall around the castle. When we arrived here we didn't heard it and I asked the princess—which I had became her friend after a few days ago—and she told me that it was becasue of some kind of spell that prevent the enemy to learn that they knew he was her. I got to admit it was pretty impressive, making the enemy think he got the benefit of the surprise by his side, but end up wrong about it.

“We better go check it out,” Arath said. “Stop and put the seats resting on the fence.”

After doing what he told us, we rush to the front doors of the wall.