Chapter 11

Chapter 11

Legit best chapter I've ever written. If you aren't hooked yet, you'll be hooked now,

Ugh I love this chapter, comment your thoughts as you read ;)

AND CLICK THE STAR!!!
***************

My feet touched the ground when the sun was at its highest. Sweat rolled down my forehead, my throat parched, desperately in need of water.

I looked to Ash, who's immense haunting wings curled into his body, until the feathered tips disappeared behind his back.

"Why don't you just leave them... out?"  I asked stupidly, my body numb from the heat. The heat made it worse, to the level of stress I was felt at the moment, to the grumbling in my stomach, to the throbbing bruise on my wrist.

Ash looked away from me, sweeping the abandoned highway with his glare. "I prefer to blend in with the humans."

In other words, to trick us.

If hadn't known Ash was an Anater, I would have believed he was human. I wouldn't have doubted it. He didn't have one single Anater trait, except maybe for his heart. But that was impossible to prove upon first encounter.

A predator in the camouflage.

"Alright, come on, lets move." I didn't argue when he gently pushed at the small of my back, my tired feet dragging against the pavement.

I refused to look at him. "I need water."

He picked up his pace. I noticed the shoelaces of his boots were untied. I hope he tripped.

"We can find a gas station or something." Ash concentrated on the road ahead.

"It's stupid to keep me hostage if you don't feed me." I complained lightly, a hint of sarcasm leaving my cracked lips.

He chuckled, shaking his head. "Humans and their necessities."

Too exhausted to continue with a game of questioning and back and forth arguing that would get me absolutely no where, I let my body use its very last bit of energy, following the handsome blond to the edge of a chained fence, just off the highway.

I looked up from under my heavy lashes, noticing a sort of school like building, a small flag waving with the wind, attached to a rusted metal pole.

My eyes widened, as the supernatural being before me reached his hands over to grab the chained fence, quickly pulling on it, only to hear the clink of breaking metal.

He widened the passage he had torn, with his own hands may I remind, stepping to the side with an amused grin. "Ladies first."

"Like hell."

His smile dropped, his words threatening. "Go."

I hesitated, then swiftly made my way through the gaped fence, looking around warily. God I wish I had my gun.

Ash, like the tyrant he was, pulled me towards the grey building, until he reached the glass panned doors. I looked at the words above the door.

Peterson County High School for the Deaf.

The sudden sound of smashing glass brought my eyes to a lowered stance, as I stiffly avoided the shards of glass when I made my way into the school.