Shadows

I woke up the next morning and waited for Vasyl and Giana. A portal opened in my room and I walked through. Instantly I was taken to the Enchanted Central Forest. Giana wore her armor and had Excalibur in its sheath her hair was nicely braided. Vasyl wore jeans, military style boots, and a black hoodie. His hair was also nicely braided.

"I'm so pumped up," Giana clapped her hands.

"Comez down, we muzt keep our mindz." Vasyl took her hand. Giana smiled.

"Alright are we ready," I chimed in.

"Ready," they both said together.

"Stand back, thiz one iz going to take a lot of magic." Vasyl held his palms in front of him, his fingers created a triangle in the center. Slowly he began to expand them outward. A flash of white light began to glow brighter and brighter, the portal began to appear. I stepped closer to see, through the portal there were thousands of lush evergreens. I saw a sign that read Welcome to Yosemite National Forest and a road that lead inward. "Hurry I cannot keep thiz one open to long." He gasped for air. Giana and I nodded our heads, we stepped in.

The air felt fresher, but not magical at all. Giana laid her hand on my shoulder, she held Excalibur in the other. Vasyl appeared on my other side, we were ready.

"I spoke to Cameron last night," I saw both their heads turn to look at me. "He said to be careful of the shadows, they are hungry. I don't know what that means."

Suddenly a gush of wind blew, millions of disembodied voices echoed through it, repeating the same thing. Their voices sounded like gurgling mix with whispers, they sent chills running through my body.

"Get them, get them. Magic, magic. Get them, get them. We need them, magic."

The sky began to get dark and filled with clouds, the winds picked up. We created a triangle among ourselves, each of our backs to each other. Giana held Excalibur with both her hands, Vasyl pulled out his own sword, and was ready to open an exit portal. I summoned my magic, it swirled hungrily through my body. We were ready.

"She has it, she has it. Magic, magic. Hunger. Get them, GET THEM!" The deadly voices shirked.

The wind blew harshly at our bodies, it was difficult to stand. A black mist began to collect itself along the side of the road. It grew larger by the second. It then shot straight at us, the voices hissing. I thought of cleansing the mist, and began to shoot my magic at it. Giana made Excalibur shine brightly, but the black mist came at us. It swirled all around us, then suddenly stopped. It cleared and I was able to see again. We were no longer at the entrance of the park, but deeper within the forest. It was dark, misty, and cold. Everything around us looked lifeless.

"Oh no." Vasyl said in clear fear. I turned to look at what he was looking at. It was a large shadow, it looked to be at least twenty feet tall. It began to growl. Without a word Giana charged at it, and slid Excalibur through its ankle, the shadow hissed as it lost its balance and fell. We all ran back, clearing away from the thing.

"Naughty, naughty little girl!" The thing spoke in its millions of voices. It reached out with its hands that beheld sharp talons, Giana ran, but it took hold of her. Vasyl responded quickly, he opened a portal and was next to her in a heartbeat. Giana used Excalibur on the talons, she freed herself. Both appeared next to me. "You will pay, naughty girl!"

"Vasyl how to we beat it?" We began to walk backwards. The shadow was now towering over us.

"Darken shadowz filled with hate. Do not be caught between itz fate. For in the shadowz you will stay. Weep not, fear not, for lights grace will save the day!" Vasyl responded.