Magic

The cherry blossoms encircled us creating a loud gushing sound. Giana began to scream while I stood still. Vaysl in the other hand had his eyes closed, chin up, embracing the blossoms. Slowly they began to evaporate and only a golden dust hung over us. It then became very still.

A tingling sensation began to run through my body. I looked at my hands, a purple radiance swirled around them. Was this really magic?

"What in the world!" Giana screamed. I turned to find her holding a large golden sword in her right hand. Giana was at the edge of the platform attempting to steady herself. "Sadie help!" She tripped over the edge. Without hesitation I lunged towards her and took her left hand. She had her eyes closed. "Are we dead now?" Giana held on for dear life. I looked around, we were both floating in midair.

"No." I said. Giana opened her eyes, then screamed.

"Get me down!"

I focused on landing on the forest floor. Slowly we descended, our feet touched the grass. Giana opened her eyes, dropped the sword, and threw herself on the ground.

"So scared of heights!" She said. There was a flash of light next to us, and Vasyl appeared.

"We muzt not dizappoint our Mather." Vasyl said while he reached down to help Giana to her feet. He then pointed at the sword, Giana picked it up.

"She didn't mention from what descent you were," I said.

"There iz no need. For I am of the Elvez clan and one of the lazt." He stated.

"The last?" I asked.

"Elvez al naturally immortal, but can live only in the prezence of magic," he looked at me. "If magic dies, we die."

"That sucks," Giana said while she attempted to hold her new accessory. "So how are we going to find this Cameron? He could be in Antarctica for all we know." She lost her balance. I reached out and helped her. We held the sword up right, it was extremely heavy. "Look it has some writing," Giana pointed to the sliver blade. "Ex-cali-bur, Excalibur!" The sword began to glow, it burned my hands and I released it. "Holy smokes what did I do?" Giana saw my burned hands, as she held the sword on her own.

A gust of wind began to encircle her and Excalibur. Her clothes changed to that of a silver armor, a sheath on her side appeared, and a shield on her back. She held Excalibur with one hand, the wind stopped. Her long black hair was braided, she looked brilliant.

"Are you okay Giana?" I made sure to keep my distance, my hands still felt like I was touching fire. Giana stood straight and looked from Vasyl then to me. She nodded her head.

"Yeah, I am now." She placed Excalibur in its sheath. "How are your hands?"

"Burning. What was that about?"

"It iz Excalibur, no one can touch it except the true dezcendent of King Authur." He said while he walked over to me, he was about two inches taller so I looked up. He took my hands into his. "You have magic now, focuz on healing them." I nodded my head.

I closed my eyes and concentrated on my hands, they healed.

I hope you enjoyed this chapter. If you haven't already, please vote ☆ and comment below. Thank you.