Nightmare

The sudden clash of lighting woke me. I was in the middle of a horrific storm. The trees above me clashed against each other causing leaves and sticks to fall all around me. Rain poured down my face, I was in the middle of a puddle. Where was I?

I attempted to stand but fell back in the puddle as a lightning bolt hit a tree nearby, I screamed.

"What are you doing?" Someone ran out towards me and picked me up by the arm. "Do you want to die?" His voice, it was him. I struggled to get on my feet, but I kept slipping. With his help I stood and we began to run towards an enormous fallen three, there was a red door on the side. He opened it and we went inside. Instantly the sound of the thunderstorm was left outside. My teeth chattered together. "Here," he tossed a towel at me, I caught it.

There was a fire in the fire place, it was warm. There was a small bed in the corner and a table and a chair in the other.

"Here you can change into these," he handed me a pair of clothes. His white hair was soaked and, his white shirt was muddy along with his jeans.

"It's okay, I probably won't stay that long anyways." I pushed his hand back. I looked up, his dark eye were studying me. He noticed I was staring back; he began to twiddle with his wet shirt. "What's wrong?" I asked.

"Nothing," he quickly looked away then back at me then added. "It's just that your real pretty." Instantly I felt the heat run to my face.

"Um, thanks." I walked over to the chair and table. He ran over and pulled the chair out for me. "Thanks." I cleared my throat. "So what is up with the storm?" I turned to face him, he had gone to the corner and was in the process of taking off his shirt and putting on a new one. I admired his toned chest. He saw me looking and I quickly turned.

"It has been like this since the day you came," he got a stool and sat next to me.

"Really?"

"So how is it that you're not all transparent?" He reached over and took my hand. His cool touch instantly warmed me up.

"I don't know," I responded as I marveled over him. He held my hand with such grace.

"I haven't been with another human since," he pulled away while releasing my hand. "I don't remember."

"You can't? Can you at least remember the year?" I asked

"October 1951," he said slowly as he recalled.

"Wow,"

"What year is it really?" He asked in a whisper.

"Cameron I don't –"

"Please tell me," he reached out and took my hand, he held it tight.

"It's 2026," I placed my other hand on top of his, and reassured. "Cameron you have been living in a curse." I recalled what Vasyl had said, "Living the same day—"

"For the rest of ever after." He had cut in.

"How did you know?" He looked at me then nodded towards the entrance of the door. The sentence was encrypted on it, but there was more. I stood and walked towards it.

"Once these words are spoken, you shall –"

"NO STOP!" He came from behind me and pulled my arm, spinning to his chest. He embraced me and said. "If you read it out loud, you too could be cursed."

"I'm coming for you," I did my best to comfort him. "Don't lose hope, theirs a kingdom that needs their king." Instantly I fell a pull.

"Wait!" his grasp tighten, but it was hopeless my body was becoming transparent. "Be careful of the shadows, they are hungry." He said.

I could feel the warmth of his body, the beating of his heart. He was unlike anyone I have ever met before.

Slowly I was pulled out the door.

"I will be back." I shouted.

He stood there in the entrance, looking back at me.

I hope you found this chapter exciting. If you haven't already, please vote ☆ and comment below. Thank you.