The Enchanted Central Forest

Sitting on a bench in the middle of the Enchanted Central Forest, in New York City. I waited for our goodbye. I never thought that my passion and love for magic and its creatures, would end like this.

We shared the same world - magic and humans - but humans had embraced technology and because of it, magic was dying.

I rubbed my hands together trying to rid myself of the agony, as I waited. Usually I would come to the forest in seek of comfort away from the city. I always felt at home, as if I truly belonged here, but then again I also felt the same way about the city.

My heart was split into two.

There were many things I loved about the Enchanted Central Forest. I loved the way the large tree roots sprang from the ground, creating arches throughout the forest. I loved the way numerous vines swirled around the arches, the trees, and grassy forest floor. Giving it an enticing charmed feeling.

I enjoyed how the sun rays pierced through the canopy of the giant trees, creating a patch-work of light on the lush-mossy floor.

There was an abundance of flowers blooming, but I fell in love with the Lantern Rose. It was a rose that only flourished in the shadows. In the darkness it would open its petals and like its name states, would create its natural light. Small creatures knew to stay away from the beautiful luring rose, for it was an insectivore.

I loved the way the forest echoed with the sound of animals, the enchanted trees, and the distant whistle of fairies flying by.

A silent tear fell on my arm, it startled me.

It brought me back to reality. I was waiting to say goodbye to a world I had fallen deeply in love with.

I was waiting to say goodbye to him.

Thanks for reading my chapter. If you haven't yet, please vote ☆ and comment below. Thank you!