Pure Love

Three days had passed and I didn't have any more dreams with Cameron. Yet during that time we practiced our magic with Vasyl.

He knew the ways of magic, he explained that he used to attend a school for elves in the past. Even though his magic had not awoken, he studied it. He showed us how we could call on magic and use it.

Giana practiced wielding Excalibur, and commanding it to shine brightly in the dark. She moved it with such grace. I had asked her where she had learned to wield the sword with such refinement.

"I don't know, it's like the moment I held it and said its name. I knew." She explained as she slid the blade through a rock. It was amazing to see her in action. Excalibur was an astonishing yet dangerous sword – in which I made sure to stay away from. In a way Excalibur gave Giana courage, a part of her that I have never seen before.

Throughout our preparation Vasyl explained that inner magic comes from the heart. Every action of magic needs a good purpose. He explained that inner magic should never be used in wickedness, for the wilder would perish in a life of darkness.

Vasyl taught me how to extract my magic from my inner self. He explained that I only needed to focus on the action, to image it, and to feel it. It was difficult at first, but I got the hang of it quickly. I was able to make small flames in the palm of my hand, and small whirlwinds. I continued to practice my ability of flying, which was amazing. I loved the way the purple radiance of my magic, would encircle me, and fill me with power as I flew. He applauded me in being able to use magic with ease.

"But how will I be able to lift the curse?" I had asked Vasyl on the fourth day.

"Remember it al comez from the heart. Think of pure love, think of purity." He explained as he tapped his chest with his hand.

I was beyond confused with his explanations; they didn't make sense at all. But I didn't question him, after all he knew more than I did. I kept on practicing, making flowers bloom, and talking to the animals around me. Which I may add was rather cool.

Vasyl practiced on his portals. At first he was only able to open them within the boundaries of the forest, but gradually he was able to open them in Giana's room then mine, which made it easy to get home. On our fifth day we had done quick research on a pizzeria in Missouri, Vasyl was successful in opening a portal there. We hand lunch at the pizzeria, then headed back to the Central Enchanted Park through a portal.

"We needz more time to practice," Vasyl said as we stepped out of the portal. He looked drained from all the magic he had used.

"I think we are ready!" Giana said with confidence.

"I think that's Excalibur talking," I added.

"Totally not true! I'm so ready to kick anything's butt!" She exclaimed. I shook my head slightly Giana didn't notice.

"We have no more time, we have to leave tomorrow morning." I took longer steps to get ahead of them. Then stopped, and face the both of them. In just this short period they both have changed dramatically. Giana wore her long black hair in a beautiful braid, and had even customized her armor to be more stylish.

Vasyl had also cleaned up, he had borrowed clothes from a store, as Giana had explained. With her help he had caught up with the modern fashion. He now wore dark skinny jeans, with army style boots, a gray hood sweater topped with a black dress coat. Giana had braided his side hair next to his ears back – in order to keep it away from his face in case of a battle – she had insisted. Vasyl looked like a normal teenage boy, if you could ignore his ears and eyes. I wondered if I looked any different as well.

"Okay, this is the plan." I began to say as they both huddled next to me. "We are going to practice drills on each other for the rest of the day. Then we are going to our homes, get the basics, food, water, and an extra change of clothes. Giana if you have anything you might think we might need, bring it. Vasyl you can come with me."

"Why does Vasyl always go to your place?" Giana bursted out.

"Fine he can go with you," I looked over at Giana she was looking at Vasyl. Both of them were giving each other googley eyes. "Anyways! Moving on." Both of them got startled. I continued. "Pick me up at six in the morning we will meet here, then head to California." I directed myself to Vasyl, he nodded his head.

"To kick some butt and save Mr. Charming Jr.!" Giana pulled out Excalibur and held it above her. She was a little too pumped up for a quest that could possibly have a drastic end, but I didn't say anything.

The evening passed quickly. We had practiced our drills. Vasyl opened a portal to my bedroom, and I stepped in. I did a quick turn and noticed that Vasyl and Giana were holding hands. I smiled. Giana had unquestionably changed a lot. I was happy for them. I just prayed that everything went well tomorrow.

I got my backpack ready, took a quick shower, ate and then got ready to sleep. I turned off the lights, and hoped that I would dream with him again.

I hope you found this chapter exciting. If you haven't already, please vote ☆ and comment below. Thank you.