Blossoms

I took a step back. Clearly the voice had come from the area where I was standing, but I couldn't see anybody.

"I'm cautioning you!" Whoever it was shrilled in a very weird accent I have never heard before.

"I'm backing up. I mean you no harm." I walked backwards, my hands behind me reaching for the arched root.

"You're a human, humanz lie!" It responded. My hands touched the arch, the vines began to move. They wrapped themselves around my hand.

"Not now," I spoke to them in a low tone. "Let go."

"Who al you ta'lking to human! Rezponze to me!" The voice ordered.

It was too late the vines intertwined themselves through my body. My inner instinct was to fight against them, but then I remembered a scripture from a book I once read. 'Magic always has a purpose'. The vines pulled me up to top of a giant tree. I gazed up at the brilliance of its beauty. I have never been this close to magical leaves.

"Releaze me at once!" The same disembodied voice shouted from below.

The vines brought me up to a leveled-branch-platform. "Thank you," I told the vines. They did a fancy bow, and hovered over me. I took a few steps forward admiring the splendor. The sunrays of the morning sun were brighter on top of the branches, it was beautiful. I was then distracted by a at least a dozen vines, they were struggling with something.

"I will curze you. Let go of me!" It shouted.

Showing no mercy, the vines released the invisible thing to the platform. It landed with a loud thud. "Ouch!" It stated. Dust flew off it, and a silhouette of a boy appeared. He was huddled in the fetal position, he looked over his shoulder at me. "Stand back human!" He demanded. I gave him a sardonic smile, while I crossed my legs, and sat down.

"I doubt Elves can curse anything," I said as I noticed his pointy ears and nose. He glared at me. "Unless your mother was a witch." I teased.

"Don't talk about Mather like that. Dirty human!" He said roughly. I began to inspect myself. I noticed him frowning at me. "What al you doing?" He demanded.

"Checking to see where the dirt is at," I made sure to sound sarcastic as I answered. "You know you are one rude Elf." I finished my inspection and studied him.

He was stunning. His eyes were a soft silver, outlined with a white rim. He didn't look like a boy at all. He looked to be around my age, a teenager. He wore jeans and a green V-neck with sleeves. His hair reached mid-way his back and it was a stunning blonde with silver strikes. His skin had a luring elfish glow to it.

"Well'd what al you gawking at dark human!"

"I've never seen an Elf," I responded and quickly added. "Are you referring to my skin tone? Because I'm naturally dark skinned. And as a matter of fact, that was rather discriminative of you, didn't they teach you any manners Elf!"

"Stop culling me that." He jumped to his feet, both hands held into fist.

"Well aren't you an Elf?"

"Yes! But we don't like being culled that. Dark human!"

"There you go again with the dark human," I mocked him. "My name is Sadie Garcia, what's yours? Unless you want me to keep calling you Elf!" I said. I giggled as he winced at the word.

"My name iz Vasyl," he promptly striated his back. More vines came into view. They were struggling with someone else.

"I told you to ask me before you pick me up!" Giana shirked, as she came into view. "I am frightened of heights, please, please, don't drop me." She cried. The vines gently placed her on her feet on the platform. I stood and walked over to her.