Dream

We agreed that we would go to my apartment to figure out how to find Cameron White. It was difficult for Giana to go unnoticed, people stopped and stared at us. Well mostly Giana and Vasyl. Before we knew it we had arrived at my apartment building and were inside my room. We began to brain storm on ideas on how we could find Cameron. Giana stated that we should just go to Antarctica for the heck of it, and look for him. It sounded like a good idea at first, but then we realized we would freeze to death before we found any form of life.

Night came and Giana had to go. She left her armor and Excalibur in my closet. I made sure she had wrapped it with at least two sheets before she left.

"What about you Vasyl? Aren't you going home?" I asked.

"I do not have a home," he sat on the rug. "Not until we find our new king."

"Alright. I guess you can stay the night." I tossed him a pillow and a blanket, Vasyl studied them. Then laid them out on the floor. "I'll get us something to eat, hold on." I slipped out of my room and went down to the kitchen. My parents hadn't arrived yet from work. I made us a couple sandwiches and grabbed some cool sodas from the fridge. I handed Vasyl the food, he smelled it, then began to eat like he hadn't ate for days. After we were finished I cleaned, changed to my pajamas and we went to sleep. Instantly I drifted into a dream.

I was running through a dark tunnel. I was only able to distinguish a dim light in the distance. My breathing was becoming unsteady as I began to shiver. I wrapped my arms around my body attempting to keep myself warm, it didn't work. As I emerged out of the tunnel I was embraced with the deathly freezing cold. I was able to see my smoky breath, I shivered. As I walked out, the sudden crunch of snow was all I could hear. It was remarkable, every inch of the forest was covered in snow and ice. Where was I?

"You should have worn something warmer," the voice of a boy resonated from behind a fallen tree. I stood still and waited. "What's wrong? Cat got your tongue?" He stepped out and came to view. His white hair, and fare skin. Could it be?

"It's you, your Cameron White." I shivered.

"How do you know my name?" He took a step back.

"I need to know where you are. I'm here to help you." I responded. He licked his lower lip and began to rub his hands. He looked as if he was unsure about what I was saying. I noticed that he was wearing jeans rolled up from the ankles, white socks, and black chucks. He wore a white shirt and a leather jacket, his hair was slick and combed back. He looked like he was plucked out from the fifties. "Aren't you cold?" I asked. The question must have thrown him off, he looked at me confused.

"Baby, you're not really here are you," he walked over to me. He was taller. I could somehow sense that he radiated magic. He attempted to place his hand on my face, they slid through. "Your just another illusion, baby" he stepped back disappointed.

"No. I'm not an illusion!" I replied. "Please tell me where you are?"

"It don't matter, you're not real and I'm beat." He turned and began walking towards the fallen tree. I ran after him. "My name is Sadie Garcia. I live in New York City. I  am the descendent of The Great Sorcerer Merlin. The Mother of magic herself sent me and my friends on a quest to find you." I took a staggering breath; it was deadly cold. "Tell me!"

He didn't look to sure of telling me. But I stared at his eyes, and I waited. There was something about them. He looked lost, in pain.

I suddenly got an urge to help him. I then felt a pull, I took a step back. Then I felt another one.

"Quickly tell me! I don't have time!" I fought against the invisible pull. He just stared at me. How could I make him believe? I fought against the pull and slowly walked towards him, I felt like cold torrents of water were pulling me backwards. I concentrated on my magic. I needed my hands to become solid. He stood watching me. I pushed with all my strength and took his hands in mine. I was able to feel his cool touch, he looked down at his hands then at me. His eyes opened wide.

"I'm in California. I think I was camping with my parents in..."

"Where?"

"It's been so long, I can't remember." His voice became quiet then silent.

The torrents got harsher, I couldn't hold on any longer. My hands became transparent, they fell through his. I began to fly backwards. He must have noticed my absence, he looked up and began to run towards me.

"Yosemite National Forest!" He shouted at the instant I got swallowed by the gloomy tunnel.

"Get off me!" Vasyl demanded as he pushed me off. I had somehow fallen on top of him.

"I know where he is," I said while I struggled to stand. "We need to get going." I ran to my closet and pulled out two backpacks, threw one at Vasyl, then began to place an extra change of clothes inside mine.

"Hold on." Vasyl stood up looking confused. "Explain yourzelf!"

"I had a dream, well not really a dream. I was there with him!" I knelt to the ground and began to look under my bed. "He's in California, in a National Forest. What was the name?"

"You don't remember?"

"Yes, it's . . ." I thought about it a little longer. "Yosemite National Forest!" I exclaimed.

"Oh no." Vasyl dropped the bag and looked like I had just dumped bad news on him.

"What is it?"

"That forezt iz forbidden. If any magical kreature goez there, they will be curzed for eternity. Living the same day for the rezt of ever after." He said the last part in a whisper.

"So your telling me he's cursed?" I sat on the bed. "How can we save him from a curse?" Vasyl eyes grew, as if an invisible light bulb came on.

"You can break the cruze. You have Matherz magic, you can do it!" He jumped to his feet a little excited.

"How? How can I break the cruse when I just got these powers? I don't know how to use them."

"We have six days, you must train." He took my hand and pulled me toward the door. "Hold up where are we going?"

"To Central Enchanted Forest, quick we must go get Giana!" He said.

"Okay, we will. Let me get dressed, get some food, and I will call Giana on the cell."

"Cell?" He repeated the word. I nodded my head.

I changed into new clothes, and made us some breakfast. Again Vasyl ate the food quickly and asked for more. I quickly made the phone call, and Giana confirmed that she was on her way.

My parents woke and saw us at the kitchen table. I convinced them that Vasyl was a classmate that had stopped by in the morning to walk me to school. I also told them that I was going to be working on a project for the next six days, so if they didn't see me around, I would be at Vasyl's home along with Giana. They bought it. My parents rarely had to worry about me. I was an okay student with average grades, who never got into trouble

I made sure to make extra food and placed it in my backpack along with some water bottles. Giana came by and I gave her a plate of food. We went over the plan with her.

"Vasyl is going to help us learn how to use our new abilities, we will then go to California to the forest and try to find Cameron." I explained.

"I don't see where I am needed in the equation," Giana responded.

"You have Excalibur, itz light will be needed. In the darknezz." Vasyl stated.

"What darkness? Never mind don't answer." Giana responded quickly.

We geared up and headed to the forest.

I hope you found this chapter exciting. If you haven't already, please vote ☆ and comment below. Thank you.