Part Seventeen

*3 weeks later*

It’s been three weeks since I’ve gotten home from tour. I’ve spent a lot of time with Austin, Alex and Jack. It’s nice hanging out with them but I really miss my boys. No matter how much I wanted to hate Tony I couldn’t. I love him to death and even though I’m angry I miss him. All of his things still sit in my house and it makes living without him even worse. I got a letter a week ago from him along with flowers but I don’t have the guts to open it and find out what he has to say. I’m afraid maybe of what he has to say. He’s tried calling me and texting me but I can’t talk to him. It hurts too much. He cheated on me and broke his promise to me. I’m pulled out of my thoughts when Austin comes running down my stairs and then stares at me.

“What?” I ask.

“Why are you crying?” He asks.

I touch my face and feel the tears.

“I didn’t even know I was.” I say with a small laugh.

“What are you thinking about?” He asks.

“Tony.” I say.

“What about exactly?”

“Him cheating and I don’t know. Just how I miss him.” I mumble.

“He was pushed up against the wall with the girl pushed against him right?” He asks.

“Yeah. Why?” I ask.

But just then he grabs my shirt and pushes me against the wall.

“Austin what the fuck are you-“I start to say.

But I’m cut off by his lips being pressed to mine.

I try pushing him off of me but he pushes his lips harder. He pulls away and I shoot him a glare.

“What the fuck, Austin!” I yell.

“You kissed me.” He says calmly.

“No I fucking didn’t! You kissed me!” I yell.

“Imagine Tony seeing that and then not believing you. That’s what happened Liz. I’ve never seen that kid more crazy about a girl than you. He loves you. Even if he won’t admit it to us he does.” He says.

My face drops and tears roll down my cheeks.

“I’m a horrible person!” I yell coming to realization that I should have believed Tony.

He hugs me and shushes me.

“Liz calm down. You believed what you saw and you didn’t want to believe anything else. You were hurt. I would’ve done the same thing.” He mumbles.

I look at him and pull myself onto the kitchen counter.

“I’m not supposed to show you because Mike asked me not to but look at this photo.” He says holding up his phone.

On the screen is a picture of Tony cuddling with the turtle I made him.

“He sleeps with it every single night and I know you do too.” He says.

I take a deep breath and tears roll down my cheeks again.

“Talk to him. Get him back.” He says.

“But it’s 2:50 in the morning.” I say quietly.

“It doesn’t matter what time it is. Go get him back. I’m gonna head home. Let me know what happens tomorrow.” He says smiling.

I grab the letter that Tony wrote to me and I rip it open.

‘Lizzy,

I know that you don’t believe me but I really wish you would. I miss you like crazy. You deserve someone who will watch Adventure Time with you and that will come and see you just because they miss looking at you. Not someone like me who gets angry because you made friends. I was mad because of all the male attention you were getting from all the guys, but I shouldn’t have because I know that you’d never hurt me. I’m just asking for one more chance. I miss you a lot and I love you more than you’d ever know. You know my number if you ever want to talk again. I’m also staying at Vic’s house if you want to come and see me. If you don’t want me anymore just let one of us know and I’ll have Mike or Jaime pick up my stuff. But I’m hoping that you still do.

-Tony’

Tears pour from my eyes and down my cheeks. I pull out my phone and dial Tony’s number, but it goes straight to voicemail.

I grab my keys and phone and run out to my car. I race down the dark street to Vic and Mike’s house.

I pound on the door until Mike groggily opens it.

“It’s fucking past 3 am.” He mumbles not opening his eyes.

“Where’s Tony?” I ask.

“Liz?” He asks surprised popping his eyes open.

“Liz!” He says excitedly.

“Where is Tony, Mike?” I ask.

“He’s upstairs in the guest room.” He says.

I push past him and run up the stairs to the last bedroom on the left. I open the door quietly and see the only light coming from the TV. I look at Tony’s sleeping figure and see him gripping onto the turtle for dear life. I smile and walk to the edge of the bed.

“Tony?” I whisper quietly as I shake him gently.

He pushes his eyebrows together and groans.

“Go away Vic.” He whines.

“It’s not Vic.” I say.

“Liz?” He asks opening his eyes.

He smiles at me and I smile back.

“Come home.” I say quietly.

He smiles at me and sits up.

“I missed you so much.” He says with his eyes filling with tears

I lean in and hug him.

“I’m sorry for not believing you. Austin really brought me to my senses tonight.” I mumble.

“It’s fine. I understand why you wouldn’t believe me.” He says.

“Will you come back home? I miss having you sleep by me. I miss seeing you first thing in the morning. I miss not being able to kiss and hug you whenever I want.” I say.

He pulls the covers off of him and jumps out of bed. He zips up his suitcase and throws the rest of his stuff into a backpack.

I stare at his tattooed chest and basketball shorts.

He packs the turtle and interlocks fingers with me.

We walk downstairs and see Vic and Mike standing there.

Vic smiles at me and I blush.

“I’ll call you tomorrow.” Vic says.

I nod and Tony and I head out to the car.

The ride home was quiet. The only thing we really did was exchange glances.

He pulls into the driveway and we both get out. We head upstairs and he throws his suitcase and backpack in the corner. We both climb into bed and he cuddles me close.

I lean my head up from his chest and kiss him. As our lips were pressed together it just seemed like the world was perfect again. My missing puzzle piece was back and this time I wasn’t letting him go.