Chapter One: Victorie's Party

Start from the beginning

        "I'm not an idiot." He said.

        "What do you mean?" Rose fixed her bluish greenish eyes on the laptop screen. She knew perfectly well what he meant.

        "I know you and Scorpius are best friends forever and ever." Said Albus. Rose almost laughed at that and looked up at him.

        "It's kind of obvious. I mean, you practically live with your friends. We notice things." Said Albus. Rose wondered if anyone else knew.

        "Did Hugo say anything?" Rose couldn't help but ask.

        "Oh so Hugo knows? And he barely ever sees you!" Exclaimed Albus

        "Oh shut up, Al." Rose said. Then she asked the question Albus knew she was going to ask. "Do any of our other friends know?"

        "What's the point? They would find out anyway." Albus stole one of Rose's Chocoalte Frogs and went back inside which annoyed Rose more than anything. Rose closed her laptop and stared out into the evening sky. She smiled to herself, knowing the whole situation was stupid to worry about.

        "Hi, sweetheart." Hermione said. "Let's go."

         They hugged their family goodbye and left. Rose went to bed that night excited for her birthday. The next morning, Rose woke up to find Annalise in her face.

        "Good morning, Anna." Rose petted her purring calico cat.

        "Alright, I'll feed you." Rose said sleepily.

        "Good morning, birthday girl." Her parents smiled in her doorway.

        "'Morning." Rose rubbed her eyes. Her hair was in a rat's nest. Hermione held Rose's camera.

        "Say cheese!" She said.

        "Bloody-" Rose covered her face.

        "That's a keeper." Said Ron.

        Rose climbed out of bed and fed her cat like she promised. The morning sun streamed into her bedroom. Rose got ready to go to Diagon Alley. She wasn't having a birthday party there, though. She'd already had one the previous week. She hoped Scorpius would be there. She put her hair into a ponytail and ate breakfast with Hugo.

        "Just think, next year you and Lily will get to go to Hogwarts!" Rose told Hugo.

        "So close yet so far away." Hugo groaned.

        When everyone was ready to go, they used Floo Powder to get to Diagon Alley. First, they ate at a restaurant. Then, Hermione and Ron let Rose and Hugo go off on their own.

        "But you have to stay together." Hermione added. Oh, great, Rose thought.

        "Let's get candy!" Was of course the first thing Hugo said.

        "Okay." Rose groaned as Hugo pulled her arm towards the candy shop. Once in the shop, Rose was bombarded by strong smells of a thousand different kinds of candy. Out of a window, she happened to see a familiar blonde haired boy outside. Scorpius. He was looking at her, too, and appeared to be laughing. Just as she saw Scorpius, Hugo shouted out, "Lily!" Like so many times before. Her cousins appeared.

        "Hi! Gotta go!" Rose left the store in a flash and quickly walked to Scorpius who was still laughing for some reason.

        "Your face! You looked like you were being tortured in there!" He said smiling.

        "I missed you, too." Rose crossed her arms and looked away. Scorpius looked basically the same as last year, except he appeared shorter. His feathery blonde hair stuck up a little, his greenish grey eyes gleamed.

        "Did you grow or did I shrink? You're as tall as me now!" Said Scorpius.

        "Yeah, listen, my brother knows we're friends. So does Albus and who knows else." Rose suddenly said.

        "Well, there's nothing we can do about it now." Scorpius sighed. "Let's go get some schools supplies, I really need a new robe."

        "Okay. So how's Gloria?" Rose said as they walked through the shops. Scorpius' expression turned a bit sad.

       "Um, she's been pretty sick lately. I don't know what's wrong with her, though. She had to come to Hogwarts for personal reasons that I don't even know. She's been sending me letters from the Hospital Wing." Explained Scorpius.

        "Oh." Rose managed to say.

         "All she's told me is that she has a weak immune system and can get sick easily." Added Scorpius.

        "Oh." Said Rose once more.

        They walked in silence until Rose broke it by saying, "So you have a laptop now?"

        "Yep!" Said Scorpius.

        "Wow, that's great!" Smiled Rose

        Rose and Scorpius walked around in a shop when they saw an amazing Quidditch broom. They both turned to each other.

        "I'm going to try out for Quidditch." Said Scorpius.

        "Oh that's cool." Rose said, holding back that she was going to try out, too. For some reason she didn't want to tell anyone about it.

        "I believe my friends Alice-" Rose stopped talking when Scorpius blushed a tad and looked down at his hands.

        "Wait a minute... do you fancy Alice?" Rose asked. She was on to him.

        "She's just cool, that's all. And she plays Quiddicth, too..." Scorpius drifted off. Rose nodded, smirking.

        "Do you fancy anyone? If you don't mind me asking." Said Scorpius.

        "Nope. Unless fictional people count." Laughed Rose.

        "What about Charlie?" Asked Scorpius.

         "Nah. My best friend fancies him." Rose replied.