Manhunter stood by the entire time, listening to the conversation. Eventually, he gave his own suggestion. "Perhaps you could show M'gann around." He asked Covert.

She smiled again. "I haven't toured the Hall as a tourist, but I wouldn't mind it."

The idea enthralled her new friend. "I can't wait to see it!" M'gann jumped at the chance." She hugged her uncle excitedly. Then, much to Parker's surprise, she floated over to the elevator, waiting.

"One thing, though," Parker glanced nervously at the martian, not sure how to exactly tell her. "No doing that. Humans can't do the same stuff martians can."

A sincere expression flashed across M'gann's face. "Oh, right. Hello, Megan!" She hit the side of her head playfully. A Caucasian coloring flooded her skin, again surprising Covert. "I don't remember anything about green humans." She quickly explained.

After a few overrides, all done without hacking, M'gann was given access to that specific elevator. On the way up, Covert exchanged her domino mask for inconspicuous shades without showing M'gann her eyes.

"Can I call you Megan, then?" Covert asked, needing a human name to call her new friend.

The thought had yet to occur to M'gann, but she considered it. "I like it. What about you?"

The Batman had told Parker several times how important it was to conceal their identities. She only hoped a fake name would suffice. After all, how could the two be friends if there was no trust on Parker's part. The martian would just have to accept that there were some things kept secret.

Her middle name could work as an alias. "I guess you can call me Annalise." The name had never been her favorite; it seemed a bit too girly. Of course, shortening it would not help, either. 'Anna' or 'Lisa' did not exactly excite her.

Still, the name satisfied the martian. M'gann smiled, somehow knowing it was fake. For a moment, her smile turned into a perplexed frown. Her eyes narrowed, concentrating. Parker stared back confusedly.

"Everything ok?" The concerned Covert asked.

The martian wiped her expression away, replacing it with the warm smile. Still, her eyes held mystery and wonder and she gazed at Parker. "Just fine."

The two exited the 'League members only' area via secret door that lead to the tourist trap area. Megan and Annalise fit into the crowd like regulars. They walked along the walls, reading plaques and looking at various items collected by the League.

Manhunter, disguised as John Jones, found them around an hour later, ready to take Megan to her temporary home. The two girls said their goodbyes.

Sighing, Parker slipped back through the secret passage. She sensed a growing friendship between herself and the girl from Mars. It interested her to see how much the two could get along, though they were very different. She knew they would see each other again soon.

The domino mask once again concealed her face, she activated the zeta tube.

"Recognized: Covert, A01."

---------------

June 28th
23:55
The Watchtower