eight; deal

"What the hell?" Her eyes were livid, her heart beating fast in her chest. "So you're telling me that we're going in some shady building from the side because that Seelie said so?"

"Seelie's can't lie." Isabelle hissed back to Olivia who rolled her eyes.

"No but I've heard they're pretty good at writing up stores. Maybe you've been tricked by a storyteller." Alec turned slightly, angry.

"Stop." He angrily said, continuing forward with his bow out. He was getting angry with what they were discussing, not truly caring about their quarrels.

"Fine." Olivia snapped and the way she spoke made Isabelle frown slightly. At first she didn't think that it was actually angering her friend but knowing now that Olivia had actually given up on the argument was something. She frowned slightly, biting her lip as she snuck a glance at Olivia once more.

The usually smirking lips were now pulled down into a fierce frown, the bags under her eyes so obvious that she felt bad. Olivia had a heart of stone and it had melded back together despite the fact that Isabelle had been chiseling away at it.

"I'm-" Before Isabelle could choke out a sorry, vampires seemed to appear and Alec began to fire arrows into them. Isabelle pulled her whip out and went off on them, no longer looking at Olivia. She had her glowing seraph in hand, eyes fierce as she stepped forward and went off. After taking out the close one, she ripped daggers out from her weapon belt, firing them away with speed of a jaguar.

They fought like a well oiled machine, taking off on their way to the lobby. Halfway through however Olivia seemingly slipped away. As they found themselves standing in front of Raphael, just waiting for Simon to be given to them. When he was it was glorious, they ran to the rooftops. The rooftops were already occupied however.

On the edge of the hotel with a bottle of tequila in hand, her eyes dull and emotionless was Olivia. She had left the mission and Alec felt slight shame down under. He knew what was happening with her and he didn't stop her.

"Olivia?" Isabelle stepped forward, confused by what was happening. The blonde turned, waving with her bottle. She didn't speak. "What're you doing up here?"

"Shadowhunters are taught that emotions hinder them." She spoke stoically. "I don't wanna be on this team if you're gonna do this shit constantly. It's saddening." Isabelle furrowed her eyebrows, shaking her head. "What?"

"It's not like that." Her eyebrows raise. "I did it because I had to."

"No you didn't. You and I have facetimed forever now, longer than you've ever slept with some Seelie." The hurt in her voice overpowered Isabelle's self assurance and it clicked that she was actually hurt. "I'm going to hang out in my room alone from now on." She said softly and since others didn't understand them it sounded passive. But to Isabelle it crushed her a little bit, knowing that the place that was once theirs was now going to be for a sad girl. So when Olivia turned to leave, soft hands wrapped around her wrist with intent. She turned to see Isabelle looking so nervous it confused her.

"I'm really sorry, I am." She whispered, quiet enough to where only Olivia would be able to hear. The raven-haired girl pulled her friend close and planted a very quick but hopeful kiss on her lips. Olivia's hate faded into a soft warmth and she smiled with a surprising blush before she looked away.

"Maybe you can come to my room some." She muttered before taking a gulp down of tequila and tossing the bottle to Alec. He too was going to hurt soon and she didn't know what else could help. "No more Meliorn though."

"Deal."