Chapter 21 - Adopted By Witches

Lux continues his routine of training and kill intruders be they Sanguine Magicka or Demons.
Lux continues this routine for 4 days till John Little wakes up from rest.

Lux is sitting outside in the sunshine when John walks into the clear.

John shouts "Lux you little bugger, why didn't you come visit me as i recovered from my injures?"

Lux shrugs and apologises "Sorry John but i was just making sure no other intruders came to attack the village.
I see you have recovered, good.
I was waiting till you healed so you coukd tell me where the Sanguine magicka tribe is located."

John says "I still haven't thanked you for killing the Owl King after it was defeated.
My tribe tells me that you healed me then rebuilt the village.
We are a poor village but have decided to give you all the demon cores from the attack, here."
John then throws a large sack at Lux who catches it.
When Lux looks inside he sees 100 mage rank demon cores and 1 king rank demon core.

Lux says "this gift is too much, here take some for the village."
Lux tries to give some back to john bit John shakes his head and says "Lux, we as a tribe don't use the demon cores but we have heard that they can be used to increase the power of mages if used in moderation.
Something about the type of energy inside them causes harm to a mage if consumed too many.
So be careful when using them."

Lux nods his head and says "that won't be a problem for me John but thank you for the gift.
I wish to attack the Sanguine Magicka tribe in 2 weeks before i have to leave."

John says "ok that is fine.
I will prepare warriors to help in the assault.
Any demons my hunters kill, i will instruct them to gather the demon cores as well to help make you more powerful."

"I thank you.
I will begin absorbing these cores now."
Lux then disappears inside his cave.
He opens the sack and empties it in front of him.
The cores form a small pile.
Lux takes the king rank core and places it aside for last.
He then picks up a mage demon core and begins to absorb its power.
A wave of energy enters Lux's soul which quickly assimilated it.
As the demon core empties it turns to dust so Lux picks up another and continues.

2 hours later

Boom

A small gust of air fills the cave as Lux breaks through to Mage Lord rank level 1.

Lux yells in happiness "i thought this would take longer.
Hahaha i am finally a mage lord rank mage as well as a warlord rank warrior.
I seem to have run out of mage level demon cores.
I may as well just absorb the Demon core from the Owl King."
Lux then picks up the demon core and begins to absorb it.
Lux feels like he has grown heavy from the amount of energy stored inside.
As Lux is absorbing the core he feels inside his soul space and can see a dark cloud which is forming away from the other types of magic.
Lux thinks "what is this.
It looks like the darkness the Owl King was using?"

The dagger says "Master, you are absorbing a stealth attribute demon core which is of the King Rank.
To be a King rank mage or demon means you have mastered 1 type of magic meaning you gain a Domain.
Because you are a Chaos cultivator, your soul is learning how to recreate that particular type of energy.
In this case, Shadow magic."

Lux then says "Cool then i will drain this dry and continue to train."

1 hour later

The King rank demon core crumbles to dust as Lux stands up.
Lux flexes his body as a large Bang fills the cave.
Lux says "i have broken through to mage lord level 3?
Why have i only gotten stronger by this little amount?"

The dagger sighs and says "Because master, most of the energy was used to learn how to create shadow magic.
Nearly 90% was wasted as well.
The reason is that you were too weak to try and absorb all that energy.
It is like trying to drink a cup which is 1m wide with a mouth thats 10cm wide.
You just waste most of it."

Lux stamps his feet and says "damn it i should have waited!
What a waste.
I will need to hunt for more demon cores.
I think i will invade the Witch's territory. Keep them on the back foot as it were."

Lux then teleports north by about 1 mile.

When Lux appears he see a group of 4 women with large demon cats camped by a river.
They have a fire cooking some rabbits.
Lux slowly sneaks forward and decides to uses his new shadow magic to hide himself.
Lux gets so close that he is within touching distance to one of the women.
Lux decides to wait and listen to them talk.

One woman says "do you think the rumours are true about that new monster the Devourer tribe has tamed?"
Another woman says "that monster killed 30 of our clan, i would think that it is more than a rumour.
We are at least a mile away from his territory so we should be safe for tonight."

Another woman takes a cooked rabbit from the fire and says "Right shut up and eat this."

The woman who has remained silent quietly says "Come out child, we mean you no harm. My name is Rose."

Lux slowly walks out from behind one lf the women and says "Hi, i was just passing through when i could smell your food cooking.
I decided to investigate.
I didn't know if you were hostile like that tribe of freaks to the south.
They must have demons as parent as they could turn into demons."

Rose looks at the other women and then says "You came from the south?
How did you survive?
This forest is dangerous to the weak."

Lux shrugs and says "I can wrap myself in shadows to hide.
Most people can't sense me so how did you?"

Rose says "i could hear you breaking twigs as you approached.
Quiet but easy to hear if you concentate."

One of the other women says "hi cutie, my name is Leta, where are your parents?"

Another women hits Leta and says "The boy is probably starving.
My name is Thea.
Here have my Rabbit i will have my demon go fetch me another."
With a whistle the Large Cat near Thea suddenly stands up and runs into the forest.

Lux takes the rabbit and begins to eat it quickly.

When he is done the last women who hasn't said her name suddenly speaks and says "We shouldn't trust this boy, i can feel a dark soul inside of him."

Leta grabs Lux in a hug and slowly suffocates him against here chest as she whines "But Lily, he is just so cute, can we keep him?
Can we?"

Thea then grabs Lux away into a hug of her own and says "i agree this boy is the cutest boy i have ever seen.
All the young girls in the tribe will compete for his hand in marriage."

Rose then grabs Lux away from both Thea and Leta and says "If the boy spent too much time with you, he would end up dead.
Look at him, he has turned Blue from your Hugs of Death.
Are you ok Boy?"

Lux manages to catch his breath and with a red face says "um yeah i am ok.
I've never been hugged like that before."

Thea and Leta both laugh and point at Lux and says "Look at him blush.
Is that the closest you have gotten to a women before?"

Rose snaps "Shut up, he is just a young boy. He doesn't know about the... Complexities of being an Adult."

Lux curious asks "what do they mean Rose?
I have been hugged by my mother when i was younger but never before have i been hugged between those nice soft Lumps on a womens chest before.
Why are Letas bigger?"

Thea's face begins to redden as she shouts "what do you mean hers are bigger!"

Rose glares daggers at Thea and says "you teased him and he has teases you back, NOW SIT DOWN!
We have corrupted his innocent mind enough today."

Leta says "I like this boy.
Lets return to the village, if we are attacked we won't be able to protect him."

Rose nods and says "Thea, Lily you ride behind.
Leta you are up front with me.
Lux you can sit behind me."

The others get ready to leave when Thea whistles and her Demon Cat returns to her where she jumps up and lands on it's back.

They then set off quickly for Sanguine Magicka village.