Chapter 43 - The Two Types of Inscriptions

Lux awakens from his dream of flying.
He stretches, gets up from bed and begins to revise the Rune Magic Language in his head.

Once Lux is sure he hasn't forgotten any of the Rune Magic Language, Lux uses The Dreaming to learn the basics of Inscriptions.

Lux's head fills with Knowledge.
An old Voice begins to talk about the basics of inscriptions.

The voice says "Inscriptions can be split into Embossing Inscriptions and Debossing Inscriptions.
Embossing Inscriptions are used for talismans or single use Spells.
To make a talisman is to Raise the Runes, this is the quickest way to make Inscriptions but Embossed runes crack after one use as the inscription paths can't handle mana properly.

Debossing inscriptions means to engrave the Runes into the item you want to inscribe.
This is used for enchanting items.
Enchanting an item allows the item to be given energy to active enchantment.
Enchantments will always work as long as energy is supplied and the Runes are unbroken.
When engraving runes, every rune must have the same depth or the Enchanting will fail.
Item size can affect the amount of Runes able to be engraved onto item."

Lux absorbed every word that was said and stored them permanently in his mind.

Lux closes his eyes and sits for a while, thinking on word's meanings.

After a couple of hours pass, Lux opens his eyes and says with understanding "Anything can be enchanted, as anything can be described as an item.
I wonder if i can practice enchantments using some of the Runes i understand completely."

Lux searches his Vault Bracelet for some leather and finds an black leather outfit which is made for an 16 year old.
It consits of trousers, jacket with hood, boots and gloves.

Lux takes it out and studies it.
Lux says while feeling the leather "Hmm, it is soft yet tough.
I think this is leather from a Unicorn, only the females are Black as the males always turn white.
I think have an idea to make this fit me.
Better test it out on something else though, don't want to damage it."

Lux takes out longsword and jams it into the ground with tha handle standing straight up.

Lux and imagines the space the longsword occupies is shrinking.
Lux channels some space mana into the spell and watches as the longsword begins to shrink.
The longsword shrinks to the size of a dagger.
Lux picks up the dagger sized longsword while still channeling the space magic, he find that this dagger sized Longsword still weighs the same as when it was full sized.

Lux stops the space shrinking magic and the longsword quickly regrows with a shrieking noise.
The Longsword has a long crack that runs from the top to the bottom of the longsword.

Lux nods his head and says "So all i need to do is figure out how to turn my new shrinking spell into a Inscription and i can shrink the Leather outfit to fit me.
I can also add lots of runes to aid my strength and speed.
I also want to add the Shadow Cloak enchantment to allow me to sneak.
I have been thinking of becoming an assassin to train my combat skills, I think this outfit will become my assassins gear."

Lux puts the outfit away and begins to draw up an blueprint for what his shrinking Inscription will look like.
The process took over a month to complete but at the end, He creates a long line of 5 Runes, 4 shrinking and 1 enlarging Runes which have a Mana storage Rune at the end which can store enough mana for 1 week of continues use.

He made it so that the shrinking can be controlled by what Rune is activated.
The enlarging Rune uses magic to unshrink the item to take away the stress which is applied when the shrinking magic stops and the item returns to it's full size.