Chapter 45 - Preparation for the Apprentice Contract.

(i wrote a long chapter because it was late, sorry everyone. -Busy Author.

(The use of True-Lux is only going to be used to differentiate between Manager-Lux, Training-Lux and Normal Lux. It makes it easier to follow i think.)

(next morning)

Lux woke, had a 'Shower' and got dressed into his Assassins Gear.

Lux quickly left his room as he ate a energy pill.
He walked down the corridor to the main hall.
He leisurely walked over to the Contract board.

He thought to himself "I should pick an apprentice contract this time, the novice contract's are boring.
I need to be challenged."

He then began to skim-read the apprentice contracts and noticed that all the targets were Apprentice level Mages or Warriors.

He looked through the contracts and found one that he liked.
The contract was for a family of 3 Apprentice level warriors, 3 male triplets.
The duration of the contract was for 1 month.
The reward was 500 Assassins Guild points and 3 Gold.

Lux took it from the Board and had it stamped by Ghost, after, he left the Assassin's Guild and returned Home to Starlight Manor.

A small distance from the property Lux sent a mental message to Manager-Lux who was eating breakfast, "Meet me in our bedroom, alone."

Lux then Shadow Cloaked himself and sneaked into the Manor.

He stealthily sneaked his way up the main stairs using shadows to hide and got close enough to his bedroom to teleport inside.
When he appeared in the bedroom, Manager-Lux was waiting patiently in a chair reading a large book open on his knees.

Manager-Lux looks up at True-Lux and says "What did you want to talk about?"

True-Lux sits in a chair facing Manager-Lux and says "I need poisons, write this down.
I need some Paralyzing oil, Sleeping powder, Soot bombs and Blood Thinning oil.
I also need some new equipment.
Blowdart set with 100 adaptable darts with poison grooves and a Blowgun
I also need a Skull Mask with Shadow Cloak and durability inscriptions engraved into it.
It needs to be ready in 2 weeks.
How is the business coming along, how much is our profits?"

Manager-Lux nods his head and says "We have 20 million gold in profits. I have begun to sell Mage rank energy, body healing and soul cultivation pills which are selling greatly as i can create them quickly and don't need to buy ingredients as we have the Garden Space to grow them.
Bassically we are running on a profit only business model.
Our expenditures are less than our profits.
I have been buying land and buildings in Golden City, i have opened numerous medicine stores and hired Some of the minor gangs in the city.
I have outfitted them with weapons and some Warrior Rank Training Methods to improve their strength.
They have begun to expand into weaker gangs territory's.
Now onto business.

I will have your equipment created to my own measurements using a confidential craftsmen as we are too weak to create it ourselves.
For the poisons, i will create them myself to save money.
I have been reading non-stop to increase my knowledge of drugs and their uses.
New strains of plants have appeared since the ancient times, so most of our alchemy knowledge is outdated.
I have been working to fix that by experimenting with different concoctions of plants.
I have created a poison that drives the person into a killing rage that is undetectable, unfortunately the person dies 40 minutes later.
Should be handy for a killer."

True-Lux nods and says "I am an Assassin, not a killer, but yes it would be useful.
I now need to go observe my targets.
They are the Blackrock brothers."