Chapter 7

Hey guys! Sorry for the long wait, been very busy! Will try to update more frequently now. Hope you like!!! Comment and vote, and let me know if you see any errors! Let me know if somethings confusing! I love feedback!!! Thanks for all of your support!

Rosemarie thought about what Alex had said, maybe they were in a TV show, and maybe Lucy hadn’t died. She knew this wasn’t true but it was nice to dream, her thoughts were interrupted by  a knocking of the door.

“Pause it” She said to Alex

Ryan stood at the door, his blond hair blocking his eyes as he looked at the ground nervously.

“Yes?” She asked kindly

“I umm”

“Yes?”

“This may sound weird, but I think you’re crazy.” He answered, Rosemarie was taken aback by this straightforward message.

“I assure you, I’m perfectly sane.” Ryan didn’t respond but instead walked away quickly. Rosemarie sighed and closed the door.

“Who was that?” Alex asked, Rosemarie looked at him with scary eyes

“I told you to pause it.”

“You were taking long!” Alex exclaimed

“You poo” She said taking a seat beside him. The day passed filled with the voices of Sherlock Holmes and John Watson. They went to bed early, tired from the TV screen, their dreams filled with each other.

Rosemarie woke very early in the morning, with a headache, she immediately went into her world, after not having done so for a long time due to Alex, but he was asleep now. Alex woke shortly after, not with a headache, but with a loud pounding from the door. Alex walked to the door with short, annoyed strides.

“It’s 6:00 in the morning!” He said to the tall, intimidating man at the door.

“I’m aware.”

“What do you want?” Alex asked not caring about the rude tone in which he talked.

“Is the old lady around?”

“Her name is Rosemarie, in case you didn’t know.”

“I didn’t”

“Umm…OK”

“So, can I talk to her?”

“She’s sleeping, maybe because it’s 6:00 in the morning!” He said emphasizing the time. The man looked at him and took a step inside.

“Who told you that you can come in?” Alex asked in a flat voice, the man didn’t answer but instead walked towards her bedroom door, he pushed the door lightly, and inside was Rosemarie sitting there on the bed, with her eyes shut but fluttering slightly.

“She’s not sleeping.” The man said

“Obviously she is, her eyes are shut.”

“Who do you know that sleeps like that?”

Alex laughed mockingly “Her”

The man shook her gently, her eyes flittered violently and opened, it took her a moment to gather her surroundings.

“What’s going on here?” She asked

“I don’t really know.” Alex answered truthfully

“Then why  did you let him in?”

“He sort of barged in here.” Alex said

She sighed “Don’t let strangers in, that’s dangerous. It’s kind of annoying too, traveling back and seeing a stranger, standing right there”

The man cleared his throat “You could ask me who I am.”

“Who are you?” She asked

“Not important”

“OK, why are you here?”

“You need a doctor, you seem to be, well, crazy.”

“I’m fine, perfectly sane and healthy.” She answered back

“Ryan told otherwise.”

“Oh Ryan” She said putting her head in her hands “It’s difficult to deal with, but did he have to.” She muttered

“Umm, sorry, but I’m really confused.” Alex said

“Honey, some people think I’m crazy.”

“Yeah, I’m getting that part, but why?”

“Because, I believe things that other people don’t believe in, by the way, my belief is real.”

“What belief?” Alex asked

“The possibility, that each person has their own private world that they visit and control.” The man said

“Before you contradict that, what’s your name?” Rosemarie asked

“Mr. Stern.” He answered back quickly

“That fits you nicely.” Alex muttered, which made Rosemarie laugh. Stern looked at them both with cold eyes “Sorry” Rosemarie said trying to hold in her laughter

“Ma’am, I will take you in for questioning, and other stuff now.”

“Don’t call me ma’am as if I had a choice whether I go or not.” She said coldly

“That doesn’t make sense.” Stern said

“Yeah, well, I was trying to be cold, doesn’t really suit me though.” Rosemarie said and Alex laughed

“The cars outside, I’ll wait for you there.”

“Ooh, we have an escort.” She said to Alex with fake enthusiasm

Rosemarie showered slowly, got ready slowly, and ate breakfast slowly, which made Stern angry. When she and Alex finally entered Stern said “What took you so long?”

“I just get ready slowly.” She replied, which was not the case, she did not get ready slowly usually, but she was trying to do everything to annoy Stern. Alex chuckled, which made Rosemarie laugh, which made Stern growl.

“We’re almost there.” Stern said 30 minutes later