Chapter 5

Dedicated to those who lived in Williamsburg before it was all hipsters, to those who had to move.

Alex left Rosemarie’s earlier than usual, he walked were his feet took him…although he didn’t think his feet knew where they were going any more than he did. He walked among the many hipsters on Bedford Ave. walking past expensive restaurants and the many vintage stores. He chuckled to himself; he remembered when he was younger when there had been barely any hipsters, then the neighborhood changed overnight and Williamsburg became hipster haven. Some restaurants had been pushed out because of the high rent, and had pushed out many people as well.

His feet had stopped and he was standing in front of McCarren Park. It was a sunny day, it had a slight breeze, wasn’t too cold and wasn’t too hot, It was the middle of May; it was getting closer to the summer that people were looking forward too. Not many people looked forward to humidity in summer though, it felt like the jungle.  He laid on the grass taking in the essence of it; he looked up and saw the blue sky with the white clouds moving slower than the wind. Alex had always been a nature person, when he had lived in the city; he would feel cooped up. People feel cooped up when they’re at home for long periods of time. Alex felt the same way about cities. He felt that a lot of humans are separated from nature. He sometimes just wanted to move to a jungle, but things always held him up, friends, family, the safety in living somewhere that you’d always lived. It’s hard to move to the unknown. You either go or you don’t, there’s no in between. Yes, you can look at pictures of those places, but it’s not the same thing as actually going. He would look at pictures of people in the jungle standing there smiling, he wanted to be the one in the photos.

He sat up, looked around at the people walking by. He then saw Rosemarie entering the park. She saw him and smiled.

“Hello” She said when she walked over

“Sup”

“Nothing much, what are you doing here?”

“Sitting at the park like other people do.”

“You’re supposed to be somewhere else.”

“Where?” He asked

“You said you were going home for the day.”

“Yup”

“Home is not the park.”

“Yup”

“I know who you are.” She said after a moment of silence

“Yup, I’m Alex. Really hard to figure out.” He said

She sighed “You know what I mean.”

“Nope”

“You do”

“No”

“You know what I meant.” With that said she got up and he followed her home. She set up the couch so he could sleep there when they got home, and they watched Sherlock Holmes. There were so many unsaid things that could have been said.

I know it's a short chapter, but it's not a short chapter because I was lazy, this chaptr jsut gets ready for what's ahead! Hope you liked it! Tell me what you guys think will happen next! I want to know what you think! It'll be interesting. Vote and comment! I'm working on the next chapter so be patient with me! PLEASE let me know if you see ANY errors, I would really appreciate that! 

A World Within a World (on hold)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara