Chapter 7 - Jaxon Stark

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

Hey guys! I am getting super excited because last chapter was the most comments and feedback I've had so far on this story!

There is plenty of drama to come... In the meantime, enjoy meeting the one and only Jaxon Stark....!

Love Becky xx

***

Chapter 7

Jaxon Stark

I don't know how long I stare wordlessly at Jaxon. It might be a second or a minute or even a year. I just know that I can't take my eyes away from him. And I can't find a single thing to say if my life depended on it.

"I take it you do know how to talk?" he asks in amusement.

My face feels incredibly hot. I can't just stand here gaping at him, but I'm literally frozen to the spot. His sheer beauty has rendered me speechless.

"Um, well, erm..." I search his face desperately for anything I can comment on. His lip-ring? His hair style? His stunning blue eyes? Something that won't make me sound like a total idiot? My gaze eventually rests on his muscly arm. "I like your tattoo."

He laughs appreciably and runs his fingers across the intricate tribal print which is inked onto his skin. "Thanks. I designed it myself."

"Wow, really?!" Before I realise what I'm doing, I've reached out to touch his arm. It feels warm and firm underneath my palm. "It's amazing!"

"Oh, so you don't waste any time do you?" Jaxon is grinning madly and flexing his bicep against my touch. "Trying to a cop a feel already? Hey, I'm more than happy to oblige..."

I pull my hand back so fast it probably looks like I've been burnt. "Oh my God, I'm so sorry! I wasn't trying to do anything weird! I swear!"

Chunk takes a step forward, inserting himself between us. "Don't pay any attention to him, Ash, he's a wind-up merchant." He gives Jaxon a light-hearted shove. "Come on mate, play nice!"

Jaxon holds his hands up, looking like a picture of innocent. "Hey, I wasn't doing anything. She's the one trying to physically assault me." He throws a heart-melting wink in my direction. "Then again, you can't assault the willing right?"

Now I'm blushing so hard that I must look like a tomato. "I wasn't trying to assault you in any way! Honestly, I really wasn't!"

"I beg to differ," Jaxon quips back instantly. "You're definitely a fiery little minx. Did we really go to school together? I would have thought I'd remembered someone like you."

There are still no words coming to my lips. I just don't know what to say so I give a tiny little nod instead.

"Jaxon looked totally different back at school," Chunk speaks up. "You probably don't even recognise him now. There were none of these tatts or piercings or anything. He was all sweet and squeaky clean back then."

"I was never squeaky clean mate," Jaxon replies at once. There is fire dancing in his eyes and I want to get lost in it.

The sound of heels against the floor suddenly fills the air, just audible above the pounding music from the next room. Chunk nods toward a large group of girls all standing up from a cosy looking booth in the corner. "Quick, let's get a seat."

We all rush over to grab it before anyone else does. Chunk is leading the way and if I'm not mistaken, Jaxon seems to be hanging back to stay close to me. I've only just met this guy, but he's acting like we've known each other for years. It's incredibly over-familiar and I think I like it. A lot.