Chapter 19 - Support

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

Hey guys! Thank you so much for all the comments last week, I think it was the most comments I've had on a chapter yet and it made me super happy :D 

Today's picture is a dancing doughnut. You'll see why when you read!

Next week I am away in Holland so I'm not sure what to do about updating... I might have to take a week's hiatus... But I'll see if I can post when I'm out there! Kind of depends on how much writing I can get finished before I go!

I'll keep you posted! Let me know what you think of the next chappy :3
Becky xx

***

Chapter 19

Support

It's first thing Monday morning. The start of a brand new week. The start of a brand new life.

This is the first morning I've ever woken up as a lady in a proper relationship. I've got to admit, it feels pretty darn good. Even if the news has been something of a bombshell to the rest of the household. I've literally been dodging my entire family since yesterday afternoon as they bombard me with endless questions.

Who is he? How did you meet him? How old is he? What does he do? What does he look like? Why didn't you mention him earlier? How serious is this? What have you been doing with him? Has he been treating you right? Are you sure you're ready for a boyfriend?!

Needless to say, I've been hiding out from them all as much as possible. Last night I took on kitchen duty to keep myself out of sight and this morning I have no intention of leaving my room until my afternoon shift starts. I'm currently sprawled out in bed, still in my pyjamas with my laptop resting on a cushion in front of me.

There are dozens of windows open at the top of the screen. I'm perusing as many online clothes shops as possible, trying to find anything at a discount which might fit the sexy new look that Jaxon wants to see me in. I can't afford to buy anything else this month, but I figure there's no harm in getting some ideas. Maybe I could even start selling some of my old clothes on eBay. I could revamp my entire wardrobe if I set my mind to it.

As well as clothes shops, I'm also secretly spying on Chloe's Facebook page again. I need to keep studying her style and work out which bits I can copy. I know that sounds bad, but she's the only person I know in real life to take inspiration from. And it's pretty clear that Jaxon thinks I should be more like her. If she's into boys as well as girls then I have to make sure she doesn't steal his attention away from me.

She's so nice, I'm sure she wouldn't do that. And I got the vibe she was totally more into girls than boys. But I don't know her that well. She might be on the rebound. She might be looking for something new and Jaxon might be the perfect person to experiment with... Oh God, the thought makes my stomach churn with anxiety.

Hmm, I wonder if I could pull off blue hair? It's been red for as long as I can remember. I've never even dyed it a normal colour, let alone a crazy one. But what if it's completely boring? What if Jaxon literally hates it and wishes it could be blue like Chloe's? Or pink? Or green? Or...

Badunk. The sound of an incoming message cuts across my thoughts, making me jump. I accidentally hit the keyboard and almost send Chloe an unsolicited friend request but manage to cancel it at the last second. I get the feeling Jaxon would go mad if he discovered I'd added his workmate on here. I know I'm a crazy stalker, but I don't want HIM to know that. And she might say something to him if I add her.

I click to the flashing message in my inbox. It's from Chunk. Seeing his smiling little face in the thumbnail picture makes me smile too and I read it straight away.