CHAPTER 8 - Miseries

Beginne am Anfang

"My son is one of a watchman here, called me." She explained the man's presence at the door.

I was listening, but inside of mine was planning.
Planning to escape....

Oh Allah! Help me please!!

My heart was pleading to Allah.

"He was saying to keep an eye on you, not to escape. Strict order from the Saab (boss, sir)."
Old Lady was thoroughly changed, I felt her voice was so tender. Her eyes carrying waves of kindness.

"Why did he kidnap me?"
I questioned to her but replied myself own. "My brother will pay him ransom money to leave me."

She laughed in amusement.

"Saab is very rich himself, why he's going to ask for ransom?"

I started crying again, as tears were trickled down on my cheeks to chin, I wiped from the back of my palm....

"Listen! Saab is not a womanizer, don't cry!" Old lady patted my head and added, "He will never do wrong with you."

As she said word "wrong" my heart raced to my throat.
I gulped, as more tears were forming inside the bottom of my eyes.

Old lady stood up...

"Then why'd he kidnap me?" I asked the same question to her with tearful eyes.

She stopped by the small wooden table on which she placed the tray of food, she pick the tray and came to me. "I don't know."

Even she was helpless to answer me.

"Girl! you should eat something. Don't remain hungry, it will put no effect on anyone. I don't know for how long you are here, so you should eat to remain alive and healthy for your own sake." Old Lady placed tray in front of me.

I saw with 2 chapatis there was some potato egg curry in the plate...

Sudden an image of my loving Mother blurred my vision just because of tears about to gush out..

I hid my face in my arms and sobbed aloud so my body was jolting.

"You didn't like it? I will bring something else for you." She spoke in embarrassment.

"No! Aunty don't bother, even I have a zero appetite but I will take this food." I felt my stomach growled.

I checked the time It was 3:00 pm, 24 hours fasting I had. And despite all I had threw up that made me even more weaker...

"I will come after sometime...you eat this....Finnish it."

That woman headed out..

I slowly took a bite of chapati with little curry

While munching, I felt my cheeks drenched in tears...

"Ahh! Mom! Bhai! When would I see you again."

I addressed absently to both of them one by one.

sobbing during the swallowing lead me coughing...

Cough****

Cough*****

I saw the jug and glass was on the wooden table.

Dragging myself to the table, I poured water in the glass and drank it in one gulp....

I again filled a glass, drank it.

It was like I'm a thirsty Camel in an oasis...

Third glass... Final. I felt myself full.