You Like My Sister

"I can't believe your dad won't be back for the rest of the month." I couldn't believe it either, he was a busy guy now that he had that promotion.  I knew he was going what's best for us. He's making so much money a month, he's thinking about actually buying a bigger house. It's crazy.

"I know right. I get a free house!" I wasn't going to party, I'd sit in shorts and eat noodles watching some boring lifetime show. Some people would say that was pretty losery, but I'm pretty lazy so it fits.

"I have to leave in like 6 days. Mom said I could stay for another week, the school can class it as a holiday. Oh, speaking of holiday's you should come back to Texas in the summer." I know this friendship was going to be strained because Maddie has a life in Texas, and I had a new life here. We'd make it work though we always do.

"My dad offered me to move bad to Texas, I just don't feel like that's my best option. After I graduate, I might move back. I'll defiantly be there in the summer, I couldn't leave my best friend, could I?" That earned a smile from her as she changed the channel, Maddie was always going to be my best friend and I was stupid to ignore her, but now I'm finally learning to let her in.

"That's great! I thought I'd have to bribe you or convince you." I wonder what her plan was, I practically have everything I could need. Well not everything, I don't have a solid gold guitar.

"What would have bribed me with or how would you convince me? I have everything i need." I do, I have friends, a nice house, good grades, a laptop, wifi, food and it's great.

"I was going to get Demi to convince you. I think she's going too." That was just an added bonus I guess, it'd be cool to travel with Demi, she seems like a lot of fun and like she'd probably be full of the excitement.

"That's cool I guess." I haven't seen Eddie or Diana in a while. It'd be cool to catch up with them. I miss them, especially Eddies jokes and Diana's cooking.

"Maybe you'd get the same plane, sit next to each other." Where is this going? This is freaking me the hell out right now.

"Yeah." I laughed it off, I'm really nervous for some reason. I'm so tired right now, I could sleep for at least a week.

"Hayley, I know you like my sister." I stopped and went wide eyed, what is she saying, I could feel the heat in here- could somebody open a window?I'm blushing. No, someone help I'm seriously overheating.

"I don't know what you-" I'll deny this until I convince her and myself. 

"You know what I mean. You like my sist-" I'll just keep denying, just keep denyinggggg.

"I do not." Why is she saying all of this, it's not even obvious.

"Yes you do." I don't.

"I do not love your-" I don't.

"I didn't say anything about love." I don't.

"I don't- I- don't lov- Demi." I don't.

"I didn't even say which sister. Point proven you love my sister." I had lost this battle, but I'd win the war later on.

"No. I only kinda- like Demi. I know it's not going to happen, I mean Maddie, she's my music teacher and everything- and I'm not even into girls-." My life felt like it was slowly breaking apart and I didn't know how to stop it. This feeling is really weird, I mean whenever I hear her name it makes me feel this weird thing in my stomach and I can't stop smiling when I'm near her. My cheeks hurt all the damn time in her class.

"Geez, Hayley calm down. I'll get Dallas to talk to her, you know casual conversation with the hint of Hayley. Just stop thinking so far ahead, else I'll be dominating your ass on guitar hero later." Maddie was always good at guitar hero, but difference is I actually know how to play guitar, she doesn't. I've tried teaching her- lets just say I had a migraine for like 3 hours after.