Silence...

He rubbed my palms and muttered, "If I'll go on my knees and ask for your 'yes' right now, would you say 'yes'?"

"No." I shook my head, "Nope."

"But you eventually will, right?" He touched my ring finger and rubbed it.

"What do you think?"

"......... No?"

"Of course yes." I chuckled before nodding, "Your grandpa got me to it after all."

And there goes that awkward silence. Damn it.

Shit. You're an idiot, Em!

He smiled, pulling his hand away from my grip and put it around my shoulders. "He did. Thank you old man."

Sighing in relief, I rest my head on his shoulder and whispered. "They were probably good people, Adam."

"They were." He nodded, resting his chin on my head.

---------------------->>>>>

"So you're staying in Denovan?" Franco asked Adam, "You're resigning?"

Adam nodded, "I have things to take care with and I'm settling down there."

Franco faced me, "And you're going to live with him?"

What? "No." I shook my head.

"But, I thought you guys are together."

"We are." I nodded, "But uh, I'm staying here."

"But, it would take hours from here to there."

"I know." I nodded.

"But," He paused before turning to Adam, "You're okay with this?"

Adam shook his head. Of course he's not.

"We're working on it." We muttered at the same time.

"Alright." Franco nodded, "I accept your resignation, Mr. Emerson. Thank you for your loyalty. You are dismissed."

They did a firm hand shake, then Franco pats Adam's shoulder. "Take care, keep in touch."

"Yes sir." Adam nodded, before turning around, nodding for us to leave, and eventually left the room.

"Bye Franco!" I called out.

Once the door was closed, I faced Adam and asked, "That's it? Is that how easy it is to resign? Don't you need a letter and those other shit?"

His eyes widened, "You cursed."

I rolled my eyes, "I do curse Adam, I'm not a saint."

"You only curse when you're pissed off, not angry, pissed off."

"Well now I do." I chuckled and walked towards the exit.

"Don't." He stopped which made me stop too, "I want to be the bad mouthed one and you'd be the one cleaning it." He winked, "If you get what I mean."

Pursing my lips, I rolled my eyes, "Whatever." We continued walking while I muttered under my breath, "Perv."

"Only for you babe." He pecked my cheeks before laughing his ass off.

"Make sure." I rolled my eyes again, "And stop calling me a pig."

"Sure. Sure." He grinned sheepishly.

"So..." We went outside the underground and faced him, "Why won't you guys use contracts?"

He scoffed, "What would we write? 'This is to officially end my duties on killing people.'" He smirked, "I don't think so."

"I know that, duh." I waited for him to unlock his car, "But... I don't know. I guess contracts are necessary for normal jobs."

"Then again, my job is not a normal one." We entered the car and he turned on the engine.

"That's my point."

"What? Where?"

I frowned, "I was being sarcastic."

"You and me both." He winked.

Groaning loudly, I slumped back on my seat.

"So... Why are you not going to live with me?" He asked as if he was just asking what's for breakfast.

"Oh I don't know." Oh answered, rolling my eyes.

For the first time, I heard him said, "....Can you answer this question seriously? Please?"

Feeling the guilt rushing in me, I bit my lower lip. "I... don't know." I shook my head slightly, "Really, I don't."

I looked down and played with my fingers. "I mean, I already feel like I've known you for forever, but..." I sighed, "Thinking practically, we've only met for months."

"I love you." He took my hand and placed it beside his car's gear. "So I'll wait."