(17) Why we're REALLY here

HI YO!

Thaaaaaank you for the votes! Comments! Shares! Adds! Follows and READS!

I'm sorry for the somewhat late update since I'm in vacation right now, specifically in Boracay! Anyways, ENJOY!

--------------------------

"This tastes like heaven." I brought up my tea and smiled at Chloe-The-Great.

I decided to stop hating people I love and start loving them. So right now, I'm appreciating Chloe's tea. Now that's aside, I also decided that we're here for cleaning supplies.

Cool, it's free.

"I know right!" She grinned, "I'm not really a fond of hot beverages like tea until I went to Liveroool and was forced to drink this with my other friends. At first, I wasn't really-"

"Why are you here, Adam?" Reed Langston asked, cutting off his wife's talking spree.

"Exca-use me Langston," She faced him, "I was still talking to them."

"No one cares about tea, Chlo." He blinked boredly.

Her eyes widened, "Well this specific tea is important!"

"Look at the poor girl!" Wait, me? "She's bored out of her mind!" Oh, it is me. Hold on, I'm a woman, bruh.

"No, she's not!"

"Yes! She is!"

"Why do you always have to argue with me?!"

"Why do you always contradict with my decision?!"

"SO WE'RE TALKING ABOUT THIS AGAIN?!"

"YES WE ARE!"

"IN FRONT OF THEM?!"

"ADAM AND HIS GIRL FRIEND ARE NO STRANGER!" Well, technically yes? I mean, you just met me 2 hours ago?

I stared at Adam and gave him a "we gotta go" look. Nodding in agreement, he awkwardly stood up and said, "I really think that we should leave right now-"

"SIT DOWN!" They shouted at the same time.

He immediately sat back.

"FINE! YOU WANT US TO TALK ABOUT YOUR WEIRD ADDICTION WITH YOUR CHICKEN SUIT?!" She shouted.

Weird addiction with a what?!

"WHAT DOES THE SUIT HAS ANYTHING TO DO WITH THIS?!"

"I DON'T KNOW!"

What?

"Mommy? Daddy?" A little voice came out of no where. Charlie went beside his parents and pouted, "Are you fighting?"

"No." He said while she said, "Yes."

They faced each other. "Yes." He said while she said, "No."

Frowning, they settled with "Nope."

Married people problems.

"So." Reed coughed, awkwardly sitting up. "Why are you guys here?"

Whatever emotion was on Adam's face, it immediately turned serious. "Lion's in coma."

Lion? I have no idea who this is. But the word coma actually shouts that this is Franco.

"What?!" Chloe gasped out in shock while -almost- slamming the tea cup down the table. I faced Reed and was expecting to see him gaping, but I was quite shock when no other emotion was on his face.

"What happened?" He asked, keeping the poker face on.

"He got shot in his office." Adam's face was also stone cold.

"In the chest..." I added silently.

"In the chest?" Chloe asked, "What do you mean? If he was shot in the chest, why was he in coma?!"

"He's old..." I added silently.

Chloe chuckled while Reed and Adam didn't even smile.

Well, they have no sense of humor then!

Or it's just probably me saying the right funny things at the wrong freaking time.

"So why are you here?" Chloe asked again, not getting the situation.

I opened my mouth and was about to answer when Reed did it for me. He explained, "If the Lion got shot inside his territory, who ever dared to do this is giving us a signal. This person wants war."

Wait, what?

"....And?" I asked out loud.

"We need your help." Adam answered my question and explained too.

"We do?" I asked while they nodded, understanding the situation.
"No problem." Chloe smiled, "We're always here to help a friend."

"Wait, why do we need your help? I thought we're just here for the cleaning supplies!" Adam raised an eye brow while I continued, "And what do you mean 'this person wants war'? Anything that is happening to my grandfather and his agency has nothing to do with me!"

Reed scoffed, "Are you kidding me? You're a Sanders."

"But I don't want to be in this shit!" I shouted, "I just wanted to look for my missing parents!"

"Who's missing what now?" Chloe asked.

"My parents." I muttered.

I felt an arm wrapped around my shoulders, "We'll find them." Adam muttered.

"What if we don't?" I sulked, "What if they're in the same condition like my grandfather? Or what if... they're... they're.. dead..." I closed my eyes because thinking about other 'what ifs' scares the shit out of me.
"Eveything will be fine. I promise you that." Adam whispered, hugging me fully this time.

"You know, PDA is not aloud in this house unless if it's me and Chloe."

We jumped away from each other and stared at Reed with wide eyes.

"Now that you guys stopped snuggling around, I know a fast food restaurant which Charlie loves so much."