(18) The Fast Food Resto.

"This is.... nice." I muttered awkwardly while staring at the weird looking restaurant.

We're in the Denovan Central Mall and in this mall has this red colored restaurant with a huge yellow chicken sign. Oh, and a chicken mascot.

"Daddy! Daddy! Look! It's a chicken!!" Charlie grinned, pointing towards the mascot. "I want to be one!"

I pitied the person in that chicken right now, it must be hot.

"MR. LANGSTON!" A voice boomed behind us.

Turning around, I gaped at the person in front of me, "Uncle Patrick?!"

His eyes widened, "Emily?!"

"Uncle Pat!" I cheered, engulfing him in a hug.

The last time I saw uncle Patrick was at my 18th birthday, which was years ago by the way. I noticed that he kept his beard and wrinkles! And weight.

"You know him?" Adam asked, patting uncle Pat's back.

"He's my uncle."

"Whaaat!" Chloe asked with eyes wide open.

"Patrick Sanders, duh." I chuckled.

"Don't touch me." Uncle Pat glared at Adam, shaking his hands off his shoulders.

What?

"Oh come on!" Adam laughed, "Forgive me already!"

He still glared at him.

"What did I ever did to you?!"

"You broke my car."

"It's for a reasonable reason!"

Uncle Pat's eyes flared with anger, "Doing a dare is not a reasonable reason, Adam."

Reed coughed, causing for uncle Patrick to face us and smiled, "Please, come in." 

While walking towards the restaurant, I whispered to Adam, "You broke his car?! Why?!"

 "Reed dared me to throw pebbles at Pat's car. He said that I should throw it like how Romeo does it."

"Pebbles? But.. those are in-a-way harmless compared to his car!"

"Well yeah..."

There must be something more. "So? What happened?" I urged him to continue.

"I thought pebbles were rocks back then."

Well that explains it.

Once we're inside the restaurant, I saw a lot of kids running around. Uncle Pat brought us to a spot.

Sitting down, I made myself feel comfortable. 

Seeing that we're all settled down, Uncle Pat asked, "So what can I help for you guys?" 

Reed faced him and said, "We want a bucket-"

"Make it 2!" Chloe added in.

Reed nodded, repeating his order. "We want 2 buckets of chicken-"

"Make it all thighs!" Charlie added.

Reed nodded, repeating his order. "We want 2 buckets of chicken thighs."

Uncle Patrick nodded, "Anything else?"

Adam nodded, "Do you guys have a chocolate waffle with caramel syrup and marshmallows, Oreo, nips and sprinkles? If so, can you not over cook it but try to add a little crisp on the bottom?"

Does he have a wish trip straight to the dentist? 

Nah, I bet he simply wants the tooth fairy to visit him.

"No." Uncle Pat snapped at him, before looking at me and smiled, "What about you, Em?"

"Lemon ice tea, please."

He chuckled while leaving the table.

"He's so rude." Adam frowned.

"I feel ya man." Reed laughed. 

"Look daddy! It's the walking chicken!" Charlie shouted, pointing at the boy who wore a chicken suit. But this time, he took off his head thingy, showing that he's blonde and has blue eyes.

He doesn't look a day older than 18. To be honest, he looks so handsome for his age.

"Oh my gosh, Langston. Is that the little boy from years ago?!" Chloe gushed out to her husband.

Reed's eyes widened before smirking. "I guess that snobby little bastard loves this restaurant so much that he decided to work here."

Chloe grinned and pinched Charlie's cheeks, "Do you wanna be a chicken too, Charlie?"

"YES!" He cheered, showing off his missing teeth. "Mommy, can I talk to Mr. Chicken?"

She nodded which made him shout and ran towards Mr. Chicken. "Don't hurt yourself!"

Reed faced us and a serious look replaced his once calm demeanor. "Do you know why I quit being an underground fighter, Emily?" 

I nodded, "Because you're too old for it."

I heard laughs coming from Chloe and Adam.

"No..." Reed frowned, "I quit because it brings danger to my family."

"That too..." I added silently.

"Now, I'm saying this because I will not put my family in danger for this shit." 

Wait, he's not going to help us? 

"We understand." Adam nodded, his aura shouts alpha male.

"But I'll do what I can do as long as it does not cross the limit."

Oh, so he will still help us.

Chloe nodded, smiling sadly, "I'm sorry for what's happening through your life, we will do what we can."

Reed faced Adam and asked, "What do you guys need for now?"

Me and Adam stared at each other, before nodding together and faced the couple. 

"We need cleaning supplies."