(15) Ground Rules

Chapter 15 everybody! I'm dedicating this chapter to ALL OF YOU.

THANKS FOR THE VOTES, SHARES, READS AND COMMENTS!

ENJOOOOY XD
----------------------------------------------

Staring at the sight in front of me, I cowardly sighed and took a step back. "I don't want to go back inside."

Adam laughed whole heartedly which made me glare at him.

"What?" He chuckled.

"Can't we call the professionals? Or the Replacements?"

He laughed louder.

I bit my lip and stared at the haunted looking mansion. What scares me the most is not the undead I'll be seeing, but those tiny but vicious creatures.

I really don't want to go inside, like seriously, who wants to enter a place that shouts "you'll die!" Then again, it is his family's old house...

Closing my eyes, I inhaled and said, "Fine." Breathing out, I faced him. "But we need things for those things."

He raised an eye brow but still smirked. "I know a place."

I nodded and followed him back to his car. Opening the passenger's seat, I took a brief look at the house and whispered, "We'll make you livable."

I entered the car, slammed the door close and wore my seat belts -coz I'm a good citizen- while Adam did the same.

"So in what mall are we going?" I asked, crossing my arms.

"Mall?" He asked with a scoff, "Who said we're going to a mall?"

"Aren't we going to buy cleaning supplies for the mansion?"

"I don't know," He turned his head to me for a second, "Are we?" The he turned his head back facing the road.

"I don't know! We are, right?!" I asked with wide eyes.

"We'll see."

Wha-?!

"Dude," I started, "You can't just say 'we'll see' in this kind of situation. I don't want to stay in a hotel forever!"

"Hey Em-" He said, obviously, he's changing the topic.

"No, we need to talk about this right now!"

"Emily..." He muttered.

"Are we or are we not buying stuffs?!"

"It depends-"

"No! You can't say that! There's no 'it depends' or 'it might' or anything!"

"Emily Sanders-!"

"Don't call me by my full name-!"

"SHUT THE FUCK UP, LADY!" He shouted while slamming the break of his cars.

I extended my arms in front of me to prepare for impact and silently thanked the seat belts for saving my damn forehead.

I blinked rapidly.

Did he just freaking did that?!

I faced him and gawk at him.

"Look," He started, "If you want to survive days, weeks or probably months with me, then we better start with the ground rules."

Ground rules? Who is he? My dad?

Piercing my lips, I nod my confirmation.

He sighed, "Good. Let's start with #1."

I opened my mouth but he cut me off, "Stop being annoying."

I snapped my mouth shut and glared at him.

He continued, "#2, No snarky comments or sarcastic come backs."

I scoffed, "We both know that's impossible."

He eventually nodded his agreement. "Fine, rule #2, listen to each other's opinion."

"Alrighty."

"#3-"

"That's unfair! I haven't made any rules yet!"

"Rule #1 Emily."

"But I'm not being annoying-!"

"Then 'Do not cut off someone while talking' will be rule #3."

I shut my yaps.

"Good." He patted my head. Like the heck? What am I? A dog!?

"Now, I'm giving you one chance and that chance will be your ticket to one rule in this rule book."

I clenched my fists.

One chance?! One rule?! That's unfair!

"But that's unfair!"

"Life is unfair, babe." He winked.

I pouted, stomping my feet.

He chuckled, "Fine, then this 1 rule is a rule I can't interfere."

My brain calculated or understood what he said as -> "I need to step up my game."

"Rule #4." I stared at his eyes, "I can add rules you can't interfere any time that I want." I smirked.

He face palmed. Literally.