Homecoming Dance part 2- Ponyboy

Today was the day of the dance. I had saved all my money to buy a nice dress. My friends were proud of me for getting a date.  But I owed it all to Steve.  Steve was going to take me to curtis' house. I asked him if he was going to the dance with his girlfriend, but he said he didn't do that shit. That wasn't much of a surprise, because I knew how much Steve hated school and all things in it.

After I got ready Steve drove me over to Pony's house. I had to admit I was actually really excited and proud of how nice I looked.

After I knocked on the door Ponyboy opened the door.

"Hey Pony, you ready?" I looked him up and down , and he definitely cleaned up nicely.

"Oh umm.. Yeah. Let's go." His nerves were very noticeable and he quickly shut the door and walked towards Steve's car. I wondered where his brothers were at.

"And Y/N, you look pretty good," He stuttered.

"Just pretty good?" I frowned, faking disappointment.

"No I'm sorry I was going to say good, wait Uh not good I meant you look pretty great, wait sorry just great," Ponyboy looked pretty frustrated with himself as he kept messing up what he said.

"Thanks Pony, Steve's waiting," I grabbed his hand which took him by surprise and pulled him towards the car. Then the front door opens with his brother Soda running out. 

" I need pictures of this," Soda pulls out his camera and starts snapping pictures of the two of us.

"Come on guys, get closer to eachother," Sodapop demands, and Pony and I awkwardly stand next to each other. 

Ponyboy reaches to put his arm around my waist but when I turn to look at him he pulls away. I give him a reassuring nod that it is okay and he puts his arm around and pulls me closer.

"That's more like it!" Sodapop says enthusiastically and we smile as he snaps pictures. 

"Okay that's enough, now get in the car or you two will be walking there." Steve said from the window of his car.

Ponyboy and I wave good-bye to Sodapop and we get into the car, and although you had been reluctant to doing this in the first place you were very excited for this dance with ponyboy.

****part 3 coming****