you break up because..

1. Dallas couldn't commit and you wanted a serious relationship not a friends with benefits type of thing that he wanted. You had enough with his flirting with other girls, and Dallas tried to convince you that he would change however you felt the need to just end it because you knew deep down in your heart he would never change.

2. Darry. He was always at work and you felt like you came in second to him after all of his brothers. You understood he needed to be there for his brothers but that was still no excuse for him having no time for you.

3. Johnny had a lot of issues that you wish you could help him with but instead of talking to you about them he pushed you away. You wanted johnny to trust you but he always acted on edge all the time and it hurt you.

4. Ponyboy: You started dating ponyboy and insisted on visiting his house, however out of embarrassment he refused to let you come to his house and meet his brothers. one day you do decide to pop in and Darry was totally unaware of ponyboy having a girlfriend, and he made pony break up with you because he said he was too young to have a girlfriend and needed to focus on school. 

5. Sodapop: Your parents made you stop seeing him because they wanted you to date a guy who was a good influence and they thought he was a "bad boy" because he dropped out of school

6. Steve: He would ignore and shut you out for periods of time and you wanted someone who would always be there for you all the time. 

7. Two- bit: He wouldn't take you out on dates and when you spend time with him he would always bring the other guys with him and it bothered you